Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 months on therapy and no difference.
5 months on therapy and no difference.
Title says all. I’ve been on Bipap for 5 months with a pressure of 14/10 and nothing feels different. I wake up every morning just as tired as I was before starting treatment. 
I have an Airsense 10 I believe and I was having 140 events per hour, now I’m down to 1 or 2 EPH. Every morning I check and my mask has no leaks according the machine.  
But I still wake up every morning and I’m beyond tired, I also still yawn upward of 60-80 times a day. 
I have friends who have had the machines for one day and they instantly feel better, matter of fact I have three friends who have a Bipap or CPAP and the first day they’ve used them they feel 100% better, well rested. 
So the question is, why am I still so fatigued? Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 months on therapy and no difference.
I'm sure someone will be along to help you out with this, but I would suggest posting some screenshots from Oscar, like Sleeprider mentioned in his reply to you here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, what screenshots would you mean? The only reply I see is yours for some unknown reason. 

Anthony.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2023, 07:03 PM)Anthony.Casella Wrote: Thank you, what screenshots would you mean? The only reply I see is yours for some unknown reason. 

Anthony.

Download the software OSCAR,  then post a screen shot of the following graphs in this standard order:-

1.Event Flags
2.Flow Rate
3.Pressure
4.Leak Rate
5.Flow Limit

Without these, I think there will be radio silence regarding replies to help you. Data is needed,

I think you already have instructions on how obtain these. If not, it is available with a little bit of research in the wiki pages contained 

We all have to do a minimum of our own homework in going carefully through this treasure trove of information created by some talented people, on all our behalfs.

Otherwise, it's a hard road.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate that. I will download the program when I get a chance. It may not be today as I am fairly busy. I would assume you put your SD card into the computer once the program is downloaded? 

Tony.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be useful to update your profile indicating what type of CPAP machine, with some details of current settings. This gives members a general idea of your set-up before reading the detail in your post to help you.

After a night's sleep, yes take the card out and put it in your computer. You may need a card adaptor.

You will be amazed to see the help coming your way once you are able to get started.

Regards.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2023, 01:52 PM)Anthony.Casella Wrote: Title says all. I’ve been on Bipap for 5 months with a pressure of 14/10 and nothing feels different. I wake up every morning just as tired as I was before starting treatment. 
I have an Airsense 10 I believe and I was having 140 events per hour, now I’m down to 1 or 2 EPH. Every morning I check and my mask has no leaks according the machine.  
But I still wake up every morning and I’m beyond tired, I also still yawn upward of 60-80 times a day. 
I have friends who have had the machines for one day and they instantly feel better, matter of fact I have three friends who have a Bipap or CPAP and the first day they’ve used them they feel 100% better, well rested. 
So the question is, why am I still so fatigued? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Yes Anthony, 15+ YEARS later and still am in the same boat mainly.  Same exact situation as you're describing...yawning hundreds of times a day, exhausted beyond belief.  Therapy has made little to no difference fatigue wise.  In my case, I think my sleep doctor overlooked continual hypoxia for years despite being on CPAP/BPAP.  I often wonder if the damage is permanent since I had O2 below 88% for a long time every night for years.  Be very aware of this issue as well and pay attention.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds like an extremely terrifying issue to deal with. Hopefully mine isn’t that bad nor will it ever be that bad. I am sorry that you have to deal with that, but I will be on the lookout thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
This is what I was able to pull from Oscar. I’m not sure if this was an overall or daily view. I obviously cannot make heads or tails of this. My AHI was 0.22.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Try a screenshot including the left sidebar (F8, or View -> Daily Sidebar). Disable the pie chart, daily calendar and right sidebar. More info here: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 82 1 hour ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,089 7 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 231 10 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 382 11 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,366 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 603 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 264 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.