Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

50% leak rate
RE: 50% leak rate
CPAPnovice, you have done a good job of taming leaks in the course of this thread and while the focus has been on the leaks, I'd like to make some additional suggestions.   Your flow limitations have been consistently high at 9.0-20.0 EPR 1.  The image below shows the flattened inspiratory peaks that should be smooth, but instead look like flattened wrecks at a junkyard.  The For Her algorithm is keeping pressures generally below 12.0, but I really think you would sleep better and be more comfortable with EPR at 3, and this would also reduce your hypopnea event rate.  Obstructive apnea are rare in your posted results, and mostly appear to be positional when they occur, as in your most recent chart, so I'm not concerned with the lowered EPAP pressure you will experience with EPR 3.  The trick will be to start with your current pressure settings and increase minimum pressure if or when you feel starved for air, or if obstructive apnea increase.  This may actually improve your leak rate as exhale pressure will be lower.  Please consider increasing the EPR setting and see if it resolves some of this apparent inspiratory effort which likely contributes to the under-reported RERA events.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27617]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28015]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
unfortunately leak reduction caused by using full face mask.  i started with nasal mask. i am unable to control leaks with nasal mask due to mouth breathing.  chin strap did not work. strap from Supplier #37 did not work. it appeared to keep my mouth closed but i still had huge leaks probably due to mask becoming unsealed. i did not like chin strap from #37, it is too close to eyes and i felt it was pressing on eyes and this is just too dangerous.   i feel the only chance i have is with full face mask. the only time i get no leaks when mask is is very tight. sometimes i wake up and my nose hurts from mask being very tight. i changed my machine to epr = 3.  if for her machine cant go above pressure 12, why would anyone would want it? i have regular airsense 10. may be i should stop using for her machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
The for her machine can go over 12 but only does for apnoea just change the mode from Auto for her to plain auto mode
Post Reply Post Reply
Why do i have strange event with my full face mask (f30i)? i usually sleep on a side and test mask fit prior to using machine. i woke up on my back and air was blowing from everywhere around my mask, when i turned on a side, air was normal. what was happening? is it mask leaking in specific position only?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
i settled on f30i full face mask from resmed.  illuminating mouth breathing with  nasal mask just not possible no matter what kind of chin strap i use. now i am struggling with OA clusters. it is very frustrating because i do the same thing every night and sometimes i have these clusters and sometimes i dont.  i was told to use cervical soft collar to stop OA clusters. i did my best to follow this board advice to measure size of collar. when i got, there is no way i can sleep in it, i can't even wear it as it is so uncomfortable. any advice what i did wrong and any other way to have fewer OA clusters

Post Reply Post Reply
Collars are a personal fit. It doesn't always work on the first try, but there is no way we can place you at a pressure that will resolve the clusters of OA like you had at the beginning of the night in this chart. On the other hand, if you find that acceptable, then you don't have to keep looking for a better solution. Your choice. Other than that one cluster, it looks pretty good. How do you feel?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28740]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
should i try collar that is not so wide? i have 4"  in one place the rest 5". may be going to 1/2 of this size will be more comfortable?   To answer how do i feel question. it is 9 pm and i feel sleepy. i wake up with headache that does not go away. basically if i use cpap, or dont, if i have no clusters or i do,  i feel the same. 

i have question about pulse oximeter . i see oximetry wizard in oscar.  how do i get one that can import data in oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply
All we need with a collar is that it not be tight around the neck, and that it prevents your chin from tucking far enough to occlude the airway.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
How do i know if autoset for her is appropriate cpap machine for me vs regular autoset?
and how do i know current pressure setting are appropriate?
i think i am getting ok results. attached is the best result. it makes no difference how i feel during the day as far as being sleepy. while having full face mask i still wake up with extremely dry mouth
bad results can get to ahi=5. most of it come of oa and ca, i am unable to fix oa clusters. cervical collar is impossible to wear. 
what i am asking is this best i can get out of cpap?

Post Reply Post Reply
As you know your main event is positional apnea and a collar is the best solution that I know of. There are many different models out there and if one does not work I would try others. I’m sure that is not what you want to hear but unless someone else gives you a better answer, I would go to the wiki this site and check out collars. Also there are several product reviews on this site. Try to find another.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 6 28 minutes ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.