Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

6 months on cpap
6 months on cpap
It has been a good experience. Especially the first two months. Had forgotten what is was like to sleep through the night.
Unfortunately, my skin reacts to the pressure of the mask. The F20 foam worked well but then started to flair the rosacea.
Had to switch to F30, then Dreamware full face with the F20 in-between to keep the skin under control.
Yes, the dermatology prescribed salve helped, but then tried to go with the dreamware nasal.
Much less skin irritation, but do have some leaks.
Resmed was set with advice from this forum, and only changed a few times to titer.
Lately been not sleeping well, although the charts were good, with some leaks. Almost always under 1 AHI

Thought I would try a spare air curve vauto.
Tried to get the settings close to each other.

Airsense 10
9.8 max 15.8
EPR2 full time

Aircurve
6.0 max 15.6
PS 3

Sleep with the air curve is greatly improved. Do not toss and turn, the mask just disappears, breathing is effortless, do not even know the mask is there.
In contrast the airsense I can feel the pressure in the mask, and it takes a few minutes to get used to the pressure.

Could someone please explain the difference?
Is there enough difference between machines to achieve this or just the small difference in the settings?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 6 months on cpap
Seeing you have a bpap, you might want to increase the PS to give a higher tidal volume, I would also go to a FFM or fix your nasal leaks first. mouth taping etc.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 6 months on cpap
My observation has been that pressure is delivered nearly identically between the Airsense 10 and Aircurve 10 at PS 3 or EPR 3 as you have set these up. At least that is the appearance looking at the Sleepyhead charts of mask pressure. The Aircurve is a more sophisticated machine and has settings for trigger and cycle sensitivity, and Ti min and Ti max. The "feel" could easily be different. I have not experimented with an actual comparison between my wife's Airsense and my Aircurve. In the examples provided, your Airsense 10 delivered higher IPAP/EPAP median and 95% pressures of 10-13/8-11, while the Vauto was only 9/6 and only varied by .5 cm. You may be sensitive to the slightly higher pressure and less pressure support (2) in the Airsense 10.

I don't see any reason not to try higher PS as suggested by ajack. I don't think you will see much difference unless you make pretty large changes in PS, but experimenting with incrementally higher PS may be worthwhile to evaluate comfort. I'm only talking .4 to 1 cm of increase. This may have a minor effect on tidal volume.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 289 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 485 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 674 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [CPAP] Still tired after 4 months of CPAP mohtorhead 11 1,029 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.