Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

750p PCA board swap - issues with writing my prescription
750p PCA board swap - issues with writing my prescription
Folks...

The PCA (the motherboard) in my PR System One AUTO 750 is bad.  I received a replacement PCA board in the mail.  It is the same series as the bad PCA board I pulled. 

After installing the new PCA board,  I tested to see that everything was working correctly.  It seemed to be just fine. But I found that when I installed my SD card, the SD card did not re program (write the prescription to) my newly installed PCA board.

Could it be that my SD card is looking for the serial number of my old PCA board and now I have a new serial number? 

I tried to manually program my 750p from the screen, but the screen is a lot different than the setting in EncoreBasic.  I *think* I have everything set correctly, but not sure.  I do not think my 750p is writing the changes to my SD card.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 750p PCA board swap - issues with writing my prescription
It seems to me that if insert the new machine's SD card into the computer, Encore should recognize the new machine's serial number so that if you write new instructions to the card they will be received correctly by the machine.

My preference is to make the settings on the machine itself. I do not like surrendering control of my machine's settings to instructions on a SD card.

IIRC you can find the file on the SD card that contains the settings and delete it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So if I wipe the SD card clean, the machine might write the prescription back to it?

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
In Encore, the SD card and patient data are stored by Serial number...you need a clean card or to write the card for this machine Of course if everything is working, you can program using the machine interface.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2017, 07:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: In Encore, the SD card and patient data are stored by Serial number...you need a clean card or to write the card for this machine  Of course if everything is working, you can program using the machine interface.

That worked.  Thank you.  I now have the new serial number onto my SD card. EncoreBasic and Sleepy Head can read it. 

I had my best AHI number last night (with the new PCA board).  It was .44.  I am so happy my 750 is working correctly.

I need to re read some of your older posts to make sure I have not missed something.  But I think I have it dialed in well enought for last night.

Thanks again,

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 53 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 187 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 115 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.