Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

9 months in, starting to get tired again with good AHIs
9 months in, starting to get tired again with good AHIs
Hello all, 

I am 9 months into my treatment of sleep apnea (45.1 AHI prior to treatment for 20+ years more than likely) and am a newbie to interpreting OSCAR data.  The first few months with treatment were incredible.  Amazing energy and greatly improved mood.  However, for the past few months I have found myself tired often upon waking and throughout the day.  This is happening even though I am mostly staying below an AHI of 5.0 most nights.  I am hoping to get some tips or insight based on the attached OSCAR report to improve the quality of my treatment.  Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 9 months in, starting to get tired again with good AHIs
Also, not sure if this helps but I don’t think I’m getting much REM sleep and I’m remembering a lot of conscious arousals at night (turning from back to side and vice versa).  My REM percentage during my sleep study without CPAP was 0.4% and with was 3.4% so still much lower than should be.  I’m sure this has something to do with how I’m feeling.  

My mood also has not been great.  I’ve struggled with poor memory most of my life, also daytime sleepiness, poor concentration, and cognitive dysfunction.  This causes a mild to significant depression in cycles that I think is greatly tied to my sleep conditions.  The reason I say this is because in the first couple months of CPAP treatment most of these symptoms disappeared and I felt like a different person.  I’m sure those around me agreed.  Granted my initial pressure was set to 14 but got adjusted to 10 at some point along the way (although with 14 my AHIs were consistently higher than they are now).  I just want to get back to that point and stay there but I’m not sure what went wrong and why I don’t feel the same.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 24 2 hours ago
Last Post: liebano
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 61 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 196 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 175 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 72 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.