Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F20 vs F30, and a "For Her" question re: headgear
F20 vs F30, and a "For Her" question re: headgear
In my quest for a mask, I originally tried the F20 (both the silicone and memory foam).  The memory foam actually remains sealed all night long, so hooray for a point of success.

But the F20 headgear goes so low on the base of my head / neck, it hurts and causes pimples and is just plain uncomfortable.

I tried to jimmy-rig the headgear by gorilla gluing a P10 headgear on there, but the P10 headgear is sadly too weak to keep adequate tension on the F20.

I recently found a DME (yay!) and have had the opportunity to try a F30.  It's ok.  It doesn't stay as well-sealed as the F20 memory foam; but it stays better sealed than the other silicone FFMs I've used (F20, Amara View, as well as other silicone nasal masks I've tried).  The silicone has a more rigid edging, which prevents it from "burping".  

I like the F30 headgear better than the F20 headgear.  It comes just a tad higher on the back of my head/neck, which is significantly more comfortable (and causes me no pimples).  And the top part is adjustable.  

So here's where I'm at:  
- I prefer the memory foam (F20) because it's the only FFM I can maintain a seal on.  
- I prefer the headgear of the F30.  

What do you recommend?

I'm not afraid of modifying stuff.  I do believe I can modify the F30 headgear to fit the F20.  (Do any of you know otherwise?  You were wise when you warned me the P10 headgear wouldn't work.)

The F20 has a For Her version. (The F30 does not, according to the RT at my DME.) Do you know if the headgear is at all different?  By any chance is it the tiniest bit smaller?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F20 vs F30, and a "For Her" question re: headgear
The f20 headgear comes in three sizes. Small, standard and large. It looks like the for her version is a small. I had the same problem with the f20 headgear. I switched to the f30 and love it.
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
My F20 Airtouch fits in my F30 frame and headgear.  I did switch to the F30 mask and love it, but it's a personal preference.

Did you get the F30 frame along with the headgear?  It's worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2018, 12:00 PM)Amdx64 Wrote: The f20 headgear comes in three sizes. Small, standard and large. It looks like the for her version is a small. I had the same problem with the f20 headgear. I switched to the f30 and love it.

Ok, I'll ask to try the For Her headgear.  Thanks!!!  I'm sure it was the standard size that I got from Amazon. 

(12-27-2018, 11:55 AM)tkramer Wrote: My F20 Airtouch fits in my F30 frame and headgear.  I did switch to the F30 mask and love it, but it's a personal preference.

Did you get the F30 frame along with the headgear?  It's worth a try.

I got the whole thing (headgear and all).  WOW!  I wouldn't have thought to try it, but you are TOTALLY right!!!!!  It snapped right on.  So I'll give that a go tonight and see how that works for me!!!

I've been pondering the F30 cushion, and am wondering if the Small would work better for me.  I measure as needing the Medium, but I cannot keep it sealed at/around my nose. So I'm going to call the DME while I'm still in this 30 day trial period, and see if I can get a Small cushion.  Maybe that can stay sealed better.

Meanwhile, I'm most definitely going to use my F30 set-up with the F20 cushion!  Sweet!!!  Thanks for that tip!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a bummer of an update.

While the connections do technically fit, there was air seeping out all night long. I finally couldn't stand the noise, and switched to all F20 parts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 438 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 350 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 421 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,009 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.