Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A ResMed file structure was located at: M:\
RE: A ResMed file structure was located at: M:\
On an Autoset 10 there is no need to lock the SD card it has no difference and not causing your issue
Post Reply Post Reply
The question was will a ResMed write to the SD card when it is locked?
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope. It takes a few seconds to figure it out, then it puts up a message saying the card is read-only.

I don't know why it thisnks there is a file structre on M: , but I think the reason it isn't going to the last import location is that in v1.1.1 and earlier, that last import path was added at the end of the trial list. That has been changed for the next version so that it is inserted at the beginning.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
@ jaswilliams
Thanks, good to know this is not the issue.
Knowing this, I need no longer lock/unlock the SD each time.

@pholynyk
OK I will wait for that update and see how things pan out.

(ResScan always finds the R: directory on the SD to import from, so I guessed this may be something on OSCAR’s side of things or something in my own PC setup.)

I am quite content to just change the import directory manually each time, it’s no big deal really, just wondered if there was something I could do to streamline things on my side.

Thanks for looking into this, hope this helps someone else.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also a little puzzled how it can read M: enough to decide that there's a Resmed data structure on there, but not enough to import it...
Post Reply Post Reply
What does "dir C:" in the command prompt say? You said you use the Acronis clone feature, and clone duplicates everything including the disk id. I wonder if that could be the issue? (I use backup, not clone, with Acronis because of that issue.)
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resscan will only look at devices that have the removable flag on so it will not consider M:\ as a valid destination ad it is a HDD and not a removable device
Post Reply Post Reply
But how does OSCAR recognize M: as containing Resmed data but then fail to import it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 612 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,080 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 492 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Exporting Oscar File kevinmallard 2 475 12-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevinmallard
  Oscar file management on two computers nightgagger 2 529 12-18-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: nightgagger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.