Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A question on cellular modem
RE: A question on cellular modem
Just be careful about the "change the settings" part. I personally would not permit the DME to change the settings. If after getting help here to adjust the settings to something that works, the DME may see something different than what's on a script and reset to script settings. Just an example, and for that reason I would not allow them to adjust anything.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2020, 11:10 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Just be careful about the "change the settings" part. I personally would not permit the DME to change the settings. If after getting help here to adjust the settings to something that works, the DME may see something different than what's on a script and reset to script settings. Just an example, and for that reason I would not allow them to adjust anything.

Right. I don't have a DME I bought my aircurve 10 from Supplier #2 and am going to a sleep Dr is all no DME in between. He knows self titrated last time so he is cool with me experimenting on my own and is kind of hands-off in that regard.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest bringing your SD card with you next time you see your Dr.

MyAir is the consumer app you install on your phone, an login thru the website. It usually gives the user basic summary data. I don't think there is any way to change your machine settings using MyAir, it only displays summary data.

AirView is what the DME's and Dr's use and is different than MyAir. Your DME/Dr can use AirView to remotely change settings, view your data, print reports, etc.
Your DME needs an AirView subscription, and your Dr needs their own AirView subscription.
Typically, when you go to a local DME to get your machine they use their AirView account and add your info and machine serial number. Then they link your serial # to your Dr's AirView account.
Online suppliers do not always have an AirView account so they cannot get your machine into the system for your Dr to see. And many Dr's do not have the capability to add your machine to their AirView account, it needs to be done thru the DME.

You could contact your online supplier and ask them if they have AirView access. I know Supplier #1 DOES NOT have access to AirView so I need to bring my SD card with me to appointments.

It's convoluted and confusing. But that's our medical system in a nutshell.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,592 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,795 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 261 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 566 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Airsense 10 - no more cellular signal? goadventurer 13 12,869 08-12-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: CanadianClub007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.