Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A11 clinical menu won't let me save settings
A11 clinical menu won't let me save settings
A couple of nights ago when I got my new Airsense Auto 11 A11 machine I went into the clinical menu and changed the settings to match those on my old A10.  Tonight when I went to turn on the machine it didn't feel right. 

I pulled up the clinical menu and found all my settings had been reset. 

Furthermore, when I go into the clinical menu now and change them, the SAVE button is disabled. 

Have we lost the capability to manage our own therapy with the advent of the A11? 

Maybe I'm missing something since I don't have the clinical user manual.

Can my doc or more likely my DME lock me out of making changes to the A11 machine? 

thanks for any thoughts or advice, 

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A11 clinical menu won't let me save settings
Just a guess, but try unplugging it for a few moments and then plugging it back in. You can turn on airplane mode to disable external communication if that's a concern.
There are erase data and reset defaults options inside the clinicians menu, so if saving was actually disabled, you could possibly try those, but better to wait for an answer from someone with more experience there. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2022, 12:08 AM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something since I don't have the clinical user manual.

Have a look at this sticky post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff8356.

Clinician manual requested and received.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2022, 12:08 AM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: Furthermore, when I go into the clinical menu now and change them, the SAVE button is disabled. 

Maybe I'm missing something since I don't have the clinical user manual.

Short Answer .. RTFM Error .. the DME (whom I was about to go to war with) graciously showed me where I went wrong, and how to adjust the low and high pressure settings on the A11.  He also said he would put a note on my account for the techs to not make any remote changes to my machine going forward.  

Long Story long .. 

I sent a note to the DME asking about the changes I saw in the settings and asked if they knew anything about it. 
  • The initial reply was 'we saw the settings were changed from the Doc prescribed settings, so we reset them.  If these are not right then talk to your doc and we can reset them for you.'
  • I took that as the DME telling me talk to the hand, or more specifically take it up with the doc if you want to deviate from the prescribed settings (found out later that I mistook their intent which was naïve but not intended to be snarky).
  • So I prepared to go to war with them and replied with an email that told them they do not have my authorization to remotely change settings, I manage my own therapy and have done for seven years, if they lock me out and make remote changes we won't be able to continue doing business.  
Got a phone call next day from a Supervisor.  
  • He explained that the tech naively responded to my initial inquiry with a canned email response and he apologized for that. 

• She was kind of shell shocked by my vitriolic response to what she thought was a routine question and canned reply.  So rather than engage she bumped it up to her Supervisor who called me to straighten things out with me.  

• As for being locked out, he wasn't aware of a capability to remotely lock the machine, so we walked through the clinician menus to the place where I believed it was locked. Turns out I misread a prompt and it was waiting for another input before it could enable the OK button. 

• He indicated that when they first deploy a machine they look in on it for the first week or so, and sometimes they find one of their techs may not have set the parameters correctly, so that's why they changed the setting thinking they were covering their own error. 

• He was really cordial, patient, and cooperative; and he said now that he realizes I manage my own settings, he would make a note for the DME techs to not mess with them again.  
I was really happy with the outcome.  This is the cooperative DME I have known and loved for the past seven years.  Shame on me for not giving them the benefit of the doubt and going straight to DEFCON 5.  

I sent the original tech a follow up note to clear the air with her and apologize for my own misunderstanding of the situation. 

So, bottom line is … 
  • Yes we can indeed modify the settings on the A11.
  • they don't have a way to remotely lock us out.
  • although they can still reset the machine if they happen to notice it doesn't match the doc prescription.  
  • I suspect (at least for my DME) this only occurs early after installation and perhaps during the initial period of compliance.
  • DMEs are too busy to babysit our machines on a daily basis, this was a case of good intent and bad communications all around.
Thanks to Narual and Jeff8356 for the ideas and link to obtain the clinician manual.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 249 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 195 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 357 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Please explain airsense term on clinical settings rebean 2 513 08-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rebean
  DreamStation 1 Menu Names? Dolfan 7 576 07-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Dolfan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.