Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AEROPHAGIA (swallowing air)
RE: AEROPHAGIA (swallowing air)
bonjour is right about the leaks. Your machine can't tell if it's a CA, OA or H so it's calling them UA's. Hard to keep your throat open when all the pressure is leaking out your mouth.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2017, 07:03 PM)jerry1967 Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 05:01 PM)bonjour Wrote: Right after the 5AM wakeup it looks like you went into mouth breathing.  Does this happen frequently?

Shrink the height of your graphs (grab the bottom edge of a chart and drag up to vertically compress each chart, and add the Pressure graph.

Fred

What is the sign that I went into mouth breathing?  I took my neck brace off at that time.
See how your leak rate increased and has flat tops.  The flat tops indicate mouth breathing.  Also the grey area indicates a large leak.  

Being that you took off the neck brace I strongly suspect that was the cause and the neck brace is extremely effective for you.

For now I would reduce the Max from 20 to 16 to avoid the higher pressures that developed during this time.  Possibly to either raise it if we get rid of the Aerophagia or lower it if we need to.  Either way you lost effectiveness of your therapy at about 5AM.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Fred, and it looks like 13 cm is the sweet spot for your treatment. I don't see any indication you're using EPR, so without exhale relief the aerophagia might be a bit worse. Since there is some CA I would go easy on it if you want to try it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2017, 08:36 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I agree with Fred, and it looks like 13 cm is the sweet spot for your treatment. I don't see any indication you're using EPR, so without exhale relief the aerophagia might be a bit worse.  Since there is some CA I would go easy on it if you want to try it.

I have EPR set at 3. I tried lowering it  to 2 and then 1 and didn't see any difference so I went back up to 3.

http://imgur.com/a/zZB4g last night
Post Reply Post Reply
If your EPR is set to 3 it is also set to OFF.

Two different settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2017, 07:01 AM)bonjour Wrote: If your EPR is set to 3 it is also set to OFF.

Two different settings.

what do you mean it is also set to OFF? I just checked and it is set to ON and set at 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
The EPR has on off settings, including Ramp only and Full time.  Yours is OFF as indicated by no EPAP pressure on the summary, and no EPAP line on the pressure chart.  You can change the setting as much as you want, but until you turn it on, it really won't make any difference.

[Image: l3yvGDE.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jerry,
According to your chart, EPR is not active.  Otherwise your Statistics details (lower left) would display an EPR of 3 like the image below.

[Image: bFmju6n.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
If I remember correctly, earlier versions of SH didn't show the EPR on pressure graphs, but don't recall if it was listed under statistics.
jerry1967 is using Version 9.8-1.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked 0.9.8.1 and it does report EPR .  .  . at least on a S9. An A10 might be another story.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 118 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 872 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aerophagia Help - I've tried everything soozgrrl 2 113 04-15-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: soozgrrl
Gross Aerophagia Pressure Help! ToddAO 2 162 04-07-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 909 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,770 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 342 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.