Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI 9.44 need help getting it down/new post
RE: AHI 9.44 need help getting it down/new post
AHI= 46 with the full face mask i did not wake up every half hour with dry mouth but,
after 5 hours i woke up with pain on the bridge of my nose.
when i got the FFM they did not test it under cpap pressure, they just put it on me and adjusted the straps.
when i put it on under pressure it was leaking all over so i had to crank it down.
looks like i need to try another mask.
from 4am to 5:20am looks like i only had 2 apneas then all hell broke lose?
some little leaks from 5:20 to 7.

[Image: wPYCMnml.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: JYQqyRSl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
well I never seen such a thing. does your machine have the floor vac auxiliary port in the side? below the SD card, maybe?

I don't understand why your pressure did not peg out at 15 and just stay there. It seems to have gone down while you were having multiple obstructive events. this is not rational, so I wonder how you can cold boot the machine.

try unplugging the power cord from the machine, then from the wall and disconnect the power supply from the wall plug. insert the plug back into the machine. press the on button like you are starting it, hold it down for about 2 to 3 seconds. plug everything back in, and try another night.

yikes! I hope your machine did not go to fritzlyland.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, that machine looks whacked out.  If rebooting does not fix it, it needs service or replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
could it be because of all the periodic breathing?
to high pressure can cause periodic breathing.
first hour was great then bam.
it says from 6:20  to 7:20 i was getting around 80 apneas.
it was unplugged that day prior to use as i took it with me to the DME.
now I'm scared to use it.
Post Reply Post Reply
well, here's a question. before you knew what the chart said, what was your impression on how you slept (good, fair, poor)?

he he.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
i have been extremely tired while using cpap, i feel lots better when i do not use it.
but i had issues with mouth leaks/dry mouth with the nose mask and only one night with full face mask.
ill try the full face mask one more time before my doc. appointment at a lower pressure say 9/15?
i was hoping for someone to confirm that periodic breathing is from to much pressure and my cpap is working like
it should?
the periodic breathing for up to 8 plus min. is scary, should i wait to see what the doc. says on monday before starting 
cpap again?
Post Reply Post Reply
so ajack said to get a cervical collar for chin tucking and i wore it last night without cpap.
i wore my oximeter to see if there was any improvement .
even tho i had 95 spo2 drops norm is 300 to 400 for me, the spo2 has never looked this good even with cpap.
(cpap is not working for me with ahi=around 25 and periodic breathing= 41% peak apneas = 80 for 10 min. periods )

[Image: baZs4AMl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Well there is half your problem fixed, I think they should give out collars with machines, after spending thousands on sleep tests and machine, to be told a $10 tem is the other half of treatment is hard to accept. I would guess that 10% of people need physical therapy. I got the info here and passing it on.

now you need to find a decent pillow or modification, that will keep your chin up and head back

now use the cpap and collar, the big test Smile
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
and another good night with just a cervical collar (no cpap)
only 25 spo2 drops, spo2 drops are getting a lot better.
I set the oximeter alarm to go off at 85% and it went off one time.
ill up the spo2 alarm to 87%next.
I need to get a zzoma sleep position pillow to keep me off my back.
wife says i choke bad when on my back.
I also need to cut back on my pain meds at night.
i don't think i need cpap, just better sleep hygiene.

[Image: vKu5Q0hl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 1 29 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jay51
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 103 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 361 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 7 331 03-30-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: FlyAU98
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 629,809 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 2,002 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 218 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.