Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Formula
RE: AHI Formula
Thank you'all very much.  My little one horse town has one sleep Doc and his position is 'do what I say and don't ask questions'.  That makes it really easy to just quit this whole thing.  Now, 45 days and I am still here because of the help you guys offer. Thanks so much Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI Formula
This points out the stupidity of entirely ignoring time periods shorter than one night and averaging the whole night as a way to judge success or failure.

Imagine that you have diabetes, and 1/3 of the time your blood sugar is 210 and 2/3 of the time your blood sugar is 30.

Your average blood sugar would be a rock-solid normal healthy 90.

You would also be dead from the hypoglycemic shock!

Continue the analogy -- imagine that your endocrinologist does not allow you to adjust your insulin dose according to what you measure your blood sugar to be. If you weren't already dead, that would kill you pretty quick, too!

Check out this rant of mine from the ResMed side: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-1000-suns

Look, medical treatment without informed consent is assault. Without OSCAR, a sleep patient cannot be informed and cannot give consent.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.