Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First month, best night sleep. (Oscar data)
First month, best night sleep. (Oscar data)
First I want to thank all that contribute to this forum with helping me with getting started with cpap therapy. I have mild sleep apnea and have been struggling with sleeping for the last 5 to 10 years. I was and still am struggling with waking up after apnea’s/ hypopnea’s happen. Last night was my best nights sleep so far and I want to see if anyone has had experience or knowledge on what is causing my flow limitations? I notice on the Oscar data that the are nearly in unison with my snore data, are they linked? Thank you for any advice you share!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First month, best night sleep. (Oscar data)
Welcome, Sjoly83. It looks as though you're making an excellent adjustment to PAP therapy. Flow limitations usually occur when the tissues lining the airway relax, and it is unsurprising if you're also seeing snoring during the FL periods. The standard way to treat FLs using your machine is to use EPR of 3, which you're already doing. (Just increasing minimum or maximum pressures is unlikely to help.)

I do have one thought, though. On this chart, there's a bit of clustering in your FLs, which makes me wonder whether there's a postural element at work. Do you sleep on your sides or back? Do you use a high pillow, several pillows, or a single low pillow? Do you tend to tuck your chin down toward your chest, perhaps as you curl into a fetal-type position?

If you can give us information in response to these questions, we might be able to suggest some experiments to try.

I should add that for some people, FLs don't make a difference to the quality of their sleep; for others they do. So it will also be useful if you can say something about how rested you feel during the day.

Finally, can you try getting more sleep per night than 7.5 hours (if that is typical for you)? You may easily be one of those people who will do best with 8 to 9.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 11 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,662 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 153 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.