Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Went up, CA all over, Solution found
RE: AHI Went up, CA all over, Solution found
(07-17-2016, 12:50 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Just in case, I don't remember if I have brought this up before with you or not, I had one heck of a time starting CPAP because it was like the apnea's would start as soon as Laid down. Turns out I have COPD and SA, once I got treated for COPD (inhaler 2x a day) the machine started to work for the SA. If there is a chance you have COPD, I would get it checked out. COPD is a positional thing only, well my minor COPD is anyway. COPD feels vey much like SA, but you are awake and laying down. CPAP does nothing to help COPD.

Just a FWIW: I am somewhat similar. I've got Mixed Apnea and COPD. In attempting to get disability, they're listing my COPD as severe. I get shortness of breath daily, high temp & humidity swings in weather sap energy and breath. Now things like cooking burgers on the grill aren't as appealing because of the smoke. But yeah I agree it's almost like apnea but while awake. My 3 piece combo of daily inhalers help some but not as much as I'd like.

I've got the feeling I'm a very rare individual here. In the ASV with mixed apnea and COPD. Some call this an overlap syndrome I think. Whatever it's called, it has a potential to make both apnea and COPD worse than by themselves. Still alive and otherwise well though.

Dave  Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 247 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,089 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,371 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Battery solution needed sumitsimlai 8 922 07-24-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: sumitsimlai
Question New home sleep study device found - Contec RS10, has anybody tested it??? djrem3000 0 785 05-23-2023, 10:28 AM
Last Post: djrem3000
  Was there a solution for “Check Power?” Jeffo1 12 11,435 04-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Thomas S

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.