Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI help
RE: AHI help
Here is the updated screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That screams of being positional.

Does this happen frequently or is this a one off?

Could you please provide a 2 minute views so we can see what's happening.

What do you think happened?
Post Reply Post Reply
Positional apnea! Read this wiki article and look at the similarity of your results with the example chart. Also note how easily this can be cleared up with a soft cervical collar or other device that prevents chin tucking. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2019, 03:58 AM)bonjour Wrote: That screams of being positional.

Does this happen frequently or is this a one off?

Could you please provide a 2 minute views so we can see what's happening.

What do you think happened?

Here is the 2 minute view, I hope.  This happens from time to time, at least based on my limited experience looking at the sleepyhead data.  

I will upload a 5 day span below showing a 5 day range.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a 5 day window that shows great AHI to bad and then back to good.  I am not sure if this is still considered positional.

Day 1: AHI 0.7

Day 2: AHI 5.4

Day 3 AHI: 12.7

Day 4 AHI: 6.1

Day 5 AHI: 2.2

Again, I am new to reading all this data.  Any inputs are appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2019, 09:21 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Positional apnea!  Read this wiki article and look at the similarity of your results with the example chart. Also note how easily this can be cleared up with a soft cervical collar or other device that prevents chin tucking. 

Thanks.  I will look into that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stevemjc, you are using a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in fixed pressure mode with EPR 3. While I think a significant part of your solution is positional, I also think you should consider taking advantage of the automatic pressure adjustment capability of your machine, and to reduce EPR from 3 to 2 in order to clean up the CA events. If you're open to trying some optimization with auto pressure, the changes are:

Mode: Autoset Standard
Minimum CPAP pressure: 8.0
Maximum CPAP pressure 14.0
EPR: Full-time at setting 2.

These settings will allow your machine to increase pressure when it senses a reduction in flow leading to obstructive apnea, and it will also reduce pressure when centrals occur. The reduction in EPR is specifically to reduce the CA events. We normally expect those to diminish as you adapt to the machine, but the pressure difference between inhale and exhale (pressure support), can also lead to increases in CA due to a reduction in CO2 in your bloodstream from the increased ventilation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2019, 11:23 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Stevemjc, you are using a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in fixed pressure mode with EPR 3.  While I think a significant part of your solution is positional, I also think you should consider taking advantage of the automatic pressure adjustment capability of your machine, and to reduce EPR from 3 to 2 in order to clean up the CA events.   If you're open to trying some optimization with auto pressure, the changes are:

Mode: Autoset Standard
Minimum CPAP pressure: 8.0
Maximum CPAP pressure 14.0
EPR: Full-time  at setting 2.

These settings will allow your machine to increase pressure when it senses a reduction in flow leading to obstructive apnea, and it will also reduce pressure when centrals occur.  The reduction in EPR is specifically to reduce the CA events.  We normally expect those to diminish as you adapt to the machine, but the pressure difference between inhale and exhale (pressure support), can also lead to increases in CA due to a reduction in CO2 in your bloodstream from the increased ventilation.

Made those changes and will monitor for a week.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking forward to seeing results. If clusters of OA continue, then a positional therapy will work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.