Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI high 6am -7am
AHI high 6am -7am
My husband wakes up at 6 and I usually roll over and sleep another hour.   The sun starts coming in around 6 as well although I pull the blind. 

My AHI is usually around 5 for the night but jumps to 10 during this last hour.   Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI high 6am -7am
Probably SWJ where you are in between sleep and awake.

From the wiki:

(Sleep-Wake-Junk) - Clusters of apnea and hypopnea events concentrated mainly around periods of sleep-wake transition. In general Sleep-wake-junk (SWJ) is not regarded as "real" since they do not occur during periods of sleep, but may be during semi-awake periods or "dozing".

If you post a chart from the OSCAR daily page, we could take a look and better advise.

There are links in my signature line to guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's one day...thanks for lookin at it!  

(I had to run a PDF compression tool as the file was over sized....)

Attached Files
.pdf   Jun 11-compressed.pdf (Size: 218.89 KB / Downloads: 22)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I was just thinking the same as what OpalRose has said, But I would ADD to fix it in instant, just get straight up out of Bed at 0600Hrs, Yes no more lying in bed under the rug. Problem solved !
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have already said, events that get registered while you hare half way between woke and asleep, do not really count.
Don't worry, be happy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll vote SWJ as the nasty bit of events flags seems to happen at the end of that sleep session. SWJ, being sleep wake junk, this is a confused mind mixing up how to handle breathing as it switches from sleep breath control to waking breath control and bounces between them several times until you actually wake. If the mess were to happen consistently throughout the night, it'll be a very different story.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also is an other is option like the "Clayton's Drink" when having a sleep when your not having a Sleep, "Just take mask Off " and turn machine Off at 0600hrs, for few nights see how average numbers Improve then?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 285 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 108 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 180 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 173 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,621 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 272 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.