Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI suddenly increased
AHI suddenly increased
Hi everyone, my AHI has been below 1 for several mths. It might occasionally go to 1.5.  Two nights ago , it was 5.2 and last night 3.2. it has never been that high! The weather here has been very hot and humid but I have air conditioning. I have been on Zoloft and have been decreasing it the last two weeks, but still taking it. This just happened the last couple of nights.

Any thoughts?
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI suddenly increased
I also will add the night it went up to 5, I couldn't sleep. I was restless and up and down all night. Finally fell to sleep at 4:00 a.m. ?
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Post a chart. It makes a difference whether apnea is CA or OA, and its pattern may suggest positional issues or just general restlessness. Since this is the exception rather than the rule, we hope it will pass.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't have my card reader in. I'll put it in tonight and see what it says
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were restless that first night, I'd be wanting to bet that was part of it, as has been said. Hopefully this is just a temporary blip, though, and tonight will be more restful.
Post Reply Post Reply
My number was better last night.  Around 1.3.  I did have 11 CA though.   I've attached screen shots.  As usual, my laptop is acting up and Im having to run it in safe mode.  The screenshots may look big.  Thanks!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
What were your previous days like - before this recent blip? Were the few events that you were having before that central too?
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess both
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a bad outlier night or two. If you're doing the toss and turn trying to sleep, it may have produced quite a bit of SWJ/sleep wake junk.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,773 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 231 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 286 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 411 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 520 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 400 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [CPAP] AHI Suddenly Getting Worse bwor80 1 423 10-23-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.