Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI suddenly increased
RE: AHI suddenly increased
Thanks for everyone's response.  Always good to hear from Sleep Rider, because he was my first point of contact and helped me to get up and running!

Here is the screen shot from last night.  The CA's seem to be clustered?  

My CA the last week were 11, 2, 13, 7, 2, 11 respectively.  I know I did have some on my initial sleep study.  I guess I'm wondering if these are dangerous or just keep me from getting a good night's sleep.  I was reading the Bi Pap machine helps with these, but not sure if I'm at that point?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Another screen shot.  I don't know why I can only download one at a time.

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
If results are similar to these, by the numbers your therapy is very good. But there's the real test, how did you feel during and after that night?

A regular BPAP will be worse and I'd avoid it at all costs unless it's part of an ASV path if the ASV becomes needed. Insurance requires CPAP and regular BPAP, and maybe ST failure before ASV will be covered. Regular BPAP is like VAuto, S, in that they're 2 pressure but do not have backup rate like ASV. That's the key, backup rate.

Unless this isn't comfortable and/or can't be duplicated consistently, ASV might not be necessary.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I still suspect the CA events likely occur during periods of sleeplessness or restless movement. It's very hard to interpret from the full-night view, but with AHI less than 2, and median pressure above your minimum, there is not setting changes I would recommend. Pressure is not varying a great deal, flow limitation seems controlled, and the only outstanding events are CA. You can try a lower EPR setting of 1 if the events are a concern for you, however as Dave said, the main objective at this point is comfort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW I'm not dismissing ASV, let's see which trend prevails in stats and comfort. See if there's consistently both in the positive.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is crazy.  I received new equipment yesterday.  I don't see why it would have made a difference, but my CA's last night were 25!!!!!! I'll post a screen shot.  I received a new water chamber, new tubing, and new head gear ( not sure that's what it's called, but the thing that goes around my head and connected to tubing and nasal gel pillows.

This high of a number scares me.  Should I see my sleep doctor, or is it more on how I feel.  I do know I woke up with a headache.  I do get tired in the afternoons and want to take a nap.

Thanks again.
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Charts following.

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Another screen shot.

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
If you'd humor me, show a shot with no zoom of that 25 CA night. Not questioning you but I want perspective of the night in question.

This CA up and down thing is exactly like CA will act. Consistently inconsistent. And it's why those with non treatment emergent need ASV. Jury's still deciding but it does help clarify if it's needed or not.

Please note this bad night in your sleep diary. Doc will need to get an earful of things like this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. I guess i should know this, but how do i know the screenshot is if all night?

How do i read the times on the screen shot?

When i get home in an hour or so, ill send a screen shot of whole night, at least I'll try
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,786 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 231 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 287 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 411 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 520 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 400 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [CPAP] AHI Suddenly Getting Worse bwor80 1 423 10-23-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.