Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AS11 - Need interpretation and opinion
AS11 - Need interpretation and opinion

.pdf   Titration 6-14-21.pdf (Size: 321.08 KB / Downloads: 8)
.pdf   Sleep Study 3-29-21.pdf (Size: 57.24 KB / Downloads: 6)     Hello,
This is my first post using OSCAR (1.3.0 Beta)

I have been using the ResMed AirSense 11 since July 9th. I had my sleep study in March and the Titration procedure at the end on June. I wasn't sure how to save pdf files as a screen shot so I'll attach as pdf attachment.
My original sleep study included significant central apneas as well as obstructive. The Titration procedure called them treatment emergent. Since using the CPAP machine my AHI numbers have not been good as far as central events. It seems to be working for Obstructive events.
So I'm including the sleep study summaries and an OSCAR screenshot. I feel like the machine is not helping with the central events. Would anyone be willing to look at my data and give me an opinion on what to do?1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need interpretation and opinion
        Ok I since figured out how to save pdf as image. Here goes...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need interpretation and opinion
How nice is that AS11? Don't get too used to it because I think, with a high degree of certainty, that you likely need a ASV machine.
Your Centrals composed 114 of 282 apneic events, and your AS11 results with a low (1) EPR still represent that.
Try EPR = 0 but it shouldn't make a big difference and you need to start complaining to your doctor.

Phil, being that this is an AS11 with a high number of central apneas could you check for any unexpected anomalies in the SD card data.

Please make a complete zip of the entire SD card and place it in a dropbox for further validation. Include your username and "AS11" in the filename so we can get back to you.

Can a Mod please add AS11 to the thread name.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AS11 - Need interpretation and opinion
I believe it was tmiller who sent us one of our first sets of data, and I'm happy to look at another sample.

I'd like to have all the AS11 owners take a look at the settings section of OSCAR v1.3.0-beta.2 and compare with the machine's display, and take a look at the times to see if they match the times of their sleeping. Please report any errors or oddities either here or in the Beta forum, if possible.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can zip your OSCAR_Data directory and upload it to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name.

I'll pass the file on to Pholynyk.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your titration study did not reproduce the important information of the actual titration, but I suspect centrals were a problem. Your diagnostic study shows a significant central apnea component, and we can usually figure that with that much CA the hypopnea was also mixed or central. I agree with Gideon, you will ultimately end up with ASV. It is common practice to diagnose all sleep disordered breathing as obstructive, even when a significant component of central is present. This allows for CPAP to be trialed, and you advance to bilevel or bilevel with backup only after failing CPAP due to insurance requirements. This wiki describes the process http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...P_Machines Let's just say you are likely to fail CPAP and required advanced therapy, and the sooner you bring the issue of the central apnea with therapy to your doctor's attention, the sooner you can be scheduled for a titration of bilevel and bilevel with ASV which will fix everything and bring your AHI to less than 2/hour. You are a healthy individual based on the profile and not a typical obstructive sleep apnea patient. Let us know what your doctor says.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your inputs. I agree with your analysis. I lost several days of data probably because I forgot to unlock the sod card when I put it back in the machine. I’ll upload my sad card data after I’m sure the machine is adding data to the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
I made sure the AS11's SD card was unlocked and I used the machine for almost 8 hours last night. Nothing was on the SD card after 8/22. There is a folder for 8/23 but it is empty. Anyone have any ideas? The myAir app is still updating but that's through wifi.
Post Reply Post Reply
What size is your SD card? These cards can(and do) go bad in a heartbeat, have you tried using another card? Since you have the newer AS11, is there any documentation that lists the size limit of the SD card that it can use? The S9s & A10s had a 32 GB maximum size.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The card is in my reader at home so I did a remote access and the SD card capacity is 3.69 GB, used is 152 MB and 3.54 GB free so the card is not full. I wonder if the old unplug/plug in trick might work. I'll try it tonight. If that doesn't work I'll message the company that supplied the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 87 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 114 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR data interpretation Johand77 8 197 04-10-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Johand77
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 370 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,770 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 156 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 290 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.