Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV Help with issues I can't interpret.
ASV Help with issues I can't interpret.
Hi. I have mostly central sleep apnea, with a bit of obstructive. I am having severe symptoms that I think are related to ASV not working properly, and I'm wondering if anyone can offer advice. I don't know if my pressure settings are right, or if it's a problem with the machine itself. However, the sleep center seems to think that as long as the MyAir report is good  (low apnea/hypopnea), nothing is wrong. 

Basically I feel like I am not getting enough air for it to work properly. I'm mainly going by how I feel -- short of breath and higher bp and sometimes chest discomfort like I had before starting treatment. But it's also true that When my mask slipped off or moved out of place in the past, I'd get a big burst of air in my face. Or if the ASV was filling in where I had inadvertently held my breath, it would fill in with a substantial amount of air. Now in either of those cases, I get a little puff. So it seems like something is wrong with the machine or settings. 

Before treatment began, 6 years ago, I had chest pain, shortness of breath, high BP, and all that has resumed. With recent symptoms, I was checked out at ER, and they could not find anything specific, but my partner also tells me that my ASV sounds different than it did, and it seems true. 

it's totally frustrating to me that sleep nurse practitioner wants to believe the resmed report and not the patient. 

I use Resmed AirCurve 10 ASV with a DreamWear mask, which I like. Pressure settings are EPAP 7, Min PS 3, Max PS 15. 

I don't know how to print out a report from whatever software some people seem to use. 

Many thanks for any help!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV Help with issues I can't interpret.
Hi Midge82,
Download the free OSCAR software.  Follow the directions in the link.

Be sure you have an SD card in your ASV while you are sleeping.  

When you're ready, follow these instructions on how to Organize a chart, take a Screenshot and post it here for review.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Someone will be happy to help once you post a Chart.  Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
            I am posting screenshots here, but don't know if I'm doing it correctly. I truly don't understand the instructions, but I think it might be lack of breathing during sleep. 

thank you very much!

Midge82
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you posted three screenshots of the same day. If you have other days for comparison, that would be good.

Other than your leak rate being a little higher than we'd like, your charts looks pretty good. I know..... that doesn't explain how bad you feel.

Hopefully, someone with more ASV experience than myself will take a look.

I'll bump your thread up. Bump2
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 52 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 186 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.