Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV setting help
ASV setting help
Hi There, 

Was wondering if I could get some assistance on adjusting my ASV settings. Recently, i feel like there is to much air pressure when I switched from ASV to ASV Auto. Unfortunately, doctor is unavailable to assist since my device is no longer connects to 3G carrier. They cannot adjust the settings remotely, so I have to wait couple of months for a visit.

Feel like I wake up sometimes with burping or back soar. Feel tired still when I wake up. As for sleep position, I tend to sleep on my stomach using a cpap pillow.

Appreciate any help and insight

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV setting help
Welcome back to Apnea Board,

Certainly there's a few things you can do to address your therapy.

I would edit all settings, EPAP Min and Max, and PS Min and Max.

Here's my setting suggestion:

ASV Auto mode
EPAP 7-12
PS 4-15

Reasoning? You might get better results with a slightly higher EPAP start, and similar with shortening the EPAP Max, this should make PS come in a bit earlier than settings right now.

Short busts of PS will also be easier to deal with. I don't see why you'd not be able to lower PS min slightly and also reduce the possibility of extra high PS again to make it more comfortable.

Math on the ASV, EPAP plus PS equals IPAP. However this ASV will Max out at IPAP Max 25, yours flat tops at times, because it's trying to indicate it wants to increase further, but cannot.

This leads to another issue. Hypopnea. I think with the clusters involved, you're also dealing with some Positional Apnea. Suggested steps are making sure you're using a flatter pillow, other measures to prevent chin tuck, or failing this, to look at a soft cervical collar.

Positional Apnea isn't just the sleep position doctors are concerned with when Apnea are being tested. It is the kinking off the airway physically and externally. So it will require physical external prevention.

At times, your leak rates are probably hindering as well.

Back to settings, you can do these yourself in about 2 minutes total. Don't bother waiting for the doctor. Get your copy of the CPAP Setup manual, focus on your ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV setting help
I will give these settings a try tonight. Thanks for your input.

I will say I wear a mouthguard too and sometimes that can affect my breathing since I time to clench.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Review and Setting recommendations kgtx 7 206 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  resmed 11 advanced setting? Jst617 3 185 06-11-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  correct setting with n20,n30 or n30i yankees123 22 6,169 06-05-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  BiPAP: Setting the drop time? Michael2 1 280 05-28-2024, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Why isnt my climate air tubing warming on manual setting? Pamg 0 196 05-24-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Pamg
  Mask Type Setting impact on therapy wickedsleepy 1 244 05-16-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Help with setting up AirCurve 11 VAuto BiLevel timmytoo 2 366 05-11-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: timmytoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.