Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV vs ASVAUTO?
RE: ASV vs ASV VAUTO?
Bill, have you heard anything more on the outcome of your titration?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2017, 07:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Bill, have you heard anything more on the outcome of your titration?

Only rudimentary information over the phone. The report will be sent to my doctor (and also hopefully via mail to me) today.

I thought I had zero sleep. They say it was low-efficiency (in the 50% range, with some REM).

It appeared to eliminate all Centrals.

I believe there are prescribed pressure setting of EPAP Min 8 Max 15. PS 3/15. I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy of these numbers as a lot of information was coming at me over the phone.

Now the report goes to my sleep doctor who as of our last communications said he would prescribe ASV if I tolerated it and it showed efficacy, which conditions have been met. I just hope there aren't issues with the bean-counters.

Thank you for all your help in my journey to date. I need to get back on my feet. I have a beautiful wife and son who need me to more function than I've been and I'm very hopeful that a properly dialed in ASV will help restore the restorative sleep I've been desperately lacking.

My words fail me in expressing how much I respect your knowledge and willingness to help so many people through this forum. It matters and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on becoming an Advisory Member. I guess you'll have a chance to pay it forward. I appreciate your thanks, but really I just want to encourage members to get the best results they can. Although your event rate has not been especially high, I know you have had a hard time feeling you can perform at your best. I hope that can change soon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2017, 02:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Congrats on becoming an Advisory Member.  I guess you'll have a chance to pay it forward.  I appreciate your thanks, but really I just want to encourage members to get the best results they can.  Although your event rate has not been especially high, I know you have had a hard time feeling you can perform at your best.  I hope that can change soon.

Thank you. My big hope is that I get my full cognitive functioning back and hope ASV will get me there. I'd like to deepen my education and will (indeed) try to pay it forward.

It is quite true that my numbers are not as high as many, but I've been clobbered with unrefreshing sleep and there does seem to be a strong correlation with CA events and bad daytime fatigue in my case. 

I'll keep you posted (and peppered with questions).

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respiratory depression from ASVauto? Dutchie 5 638 08-05-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Dutchie
  Low AHI with Aircurve 10 ASVAuto Still tired/headache/waking up at night Jarlo 19 2,096 06-26-2023, 09:49 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  HELP needed titrating ASVauto (UARS) Dutchie 8 917 12-10-2022, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ASV Mode vs ASVAuto Mode - What's the Difference? RayBee 26 7,838 08-21-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  Difference between ASV and ASVAuto Karlin 2 1,385 10-20-2020, 08:40 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] ASVAuto and aerophagia Vilippo 4 1,341 08-21-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Vilippo
  [Equipment] Resmed ASVauto Bob Engelhardt 5 1,429 03-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.