Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AXG Sleep Diagnostics?
AXG Sleep Diagnostics?
Anyone here personally use this company for a detailed analysis and get major improvements based on his recommendations?   I see a lot of videos on Youtube from LankyLefty27 promoting the company/service.  He says he is one of the best at what he does.   I think he charges $300 for a one-on-one consult.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AXG Sleep Diagnostics?
Why? See a real doctor instead of some on-line wanna-be. Sorry I am jaded, but a guy with a web site doesn't make him an expert: especially if he is focusing on "helping" people who use OSCAR. Seems more like the folk that "help" people with leaves in their gutter by selling them a $10,000 gutter mesh.
Post Reply Post Reply
A Dr isn't going to help as much as the people here can. Post your OSCAR data & someone will be along to offer just as good of advice as Lefty
Post Reply Post Reply
one program that reports essentially the same data from multiple manufactures? And he actually reviews the data with you rather than read the summary and provide a rubber stamp reply for much more money.  

Sorry but I've seen the worst.  There are certainly a lot of good doctors out there but many just rubberstamp the results from the sleep center.  
Jason actually sets up a remote meeting with you and live goes over the study and then follows up with your detailed data, that he happens to get from OSCAR.

This is the same data that we use here.  We cannot give you the sleep test that he can but reading the detailed data from OSCAR is a lot of what we do here for free. (you are welcome to donate to AB if you wish, OSCAR does not accept donations)
Post Reply Post Reply
i completely understand what everyone is saying here.  I have a major predicament.  My sleep doctor of 15 years gave up on me essentially.  He referred me out to another sleep clinic just after I got my new BPAP ST-A machine ordered by him.  Real bad timing during the compliance period. Sad

I have learned after all these years, physicians do NOT care about your leak rates.  They look solely at AHI and usage time.  How effective the treatment is means little to nothing.  I am not saying physicians all don't care about patients, but how much can someone accomplish in a measly 10-15 min consult when they are rearing to go jump to see the next patient in the room next to you? They see you once after 12 weeks of getting a machine and once a year after basically.  I know there are no miracles and it's not the cure all when you have multiple medical issues.  I look at the breathing patterns on OSCAR and really can see there are a lot of odd things happening.  I have had many great comments/feedback from SleepRider, Gideon and others on the info.  I brought up LeftyLanky27 because he claimed he was a registered sleep tech and a true expert reading these. In a way, I feel I need someone to deep dive into the information on a high level to try to figure our where things are going wrong.  I know my sleep doctor / DME hasn't looked at any detailed breath by breath data at any appointment so how could this be determined?

Nothing adds up for me.  18 months ago, my sleep study was based on ASV titration when I never had any Central Apneas.  $1,000+ test driven off a test run that would never ever be approved by any insurer right?  

Then late last year, the new sleep study is based primarily on BPAP ST-A and the chosen pressures were the ones generating a 27 Arousal Index.  The AHI was about 5 for the recommended pressure, but tons of arousals, right?  The suggested pressure level did bring my O2 to 92% avg and 87% min though.   The bad part is this optimal chosen pressure resulted in the lowest REM time I ever had on any sleep study - around 8%. Is this truly a good thing?

The problem with all these overnight studies is your whole moving forward plan is based off an absurdly short testing period at a specific pressure in an environment drastically different than your own home (bed composition and so much more). 

The system is just broken.  Sleep apnea patients desperately need the aftercare to be more intense post securing their new machines.  At least for a while until things can get settled down.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2023, 01:27 PM)GWild Wrote: Why?  See a real doctor instead of some on-line wanna-be. Sorry I am jaded, but a guy with a web site doesn't make him an expert: especially if he is focusing on "helping" people who use OSCAR. Seems more like the folk that "help" people with leaves in their gutter by selling them a $10,000 gutter mesh.
You've actually had a doctor go through your nightly sleep data for a few weeks?  I'd love to hear about that!
Post Reply Post Reply
Post that data here and see what we can see. The ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A is one of the more advanced machines out there. Do you know why it was chosen? Other than Apnea, what other medical disorders do you have? COPD, asthma, neuromuscular issues, Brain Injury, Stroke, Meds especially painkillers. anything anti-anxiety wide. what else is going on?
Post Reply Post Reply
If it wasn’t for Jason (AXG Diagnostics) I probably would have quit CPAP therapy. He did a deep dive into my OSCAR reports in October 2021 and set me on the right path. My treatment is now perfectly dialed in and his mask recommendations were spot-on. Best money I’ve spent.
Post Reply Post Reply
From everything I've heard, Jason's services are well worth the money.  He's legit and very good at what he does.

You certainly won't go wrong by paying him for the personal consult and advice.

That said, if you don't have the money, you can always post your OSCAR charts here and we usually have some very experienced folks who can help you fine-tune your therapy for free.  It will just take a bit longer and a bit more effort on your part, that's all.  Just try to keep your therapy-related questions in one forum thread, and title the thread something like "Username's Therapy Thread" -- that makes it a whole lot easier for those who try to help you.

But yeah, Jason is a good man.   Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've watched most of Jason's videos, they are very helpful. From his videos & reading this forum & another; I've been able to optimize my therapy. Granted I don't have a unique situation; sleep study reported 39 AHI mostly CA. I am now typically under 1 AHI. I can see where some people in a different situation would benefit from his services.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,363 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,012 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 684 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,202 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.