Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask
Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask
Been on cpap and then apap since 2004.  Used the Activa Lt for many years then switched about a year ago to the dreamwear nasal mask.  In last few weeks have been changing up every other day to compare them.  I am sure now that the dreamwear nasal mask makes my 90percent pressure go up to 14 or 15 and when I use the Activa Lt it is 12 or 12.5.  Also with the Dreamwear I experience a somewhat rapid pulsing on occasion which wakes me up.   I am concerned that the dreamwear nasal mask is not good for me.  I know you will tell me to put screenshots but even though I read the directions, I just have trouble with it.  I sure would appreciate any thoughts on the comparison of masks.  The reason I switched to Resperonics is cause the dme said they were not carrying the Lt any longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask
Hi chronic!  -  Welcome

A quick search of our supplier's list (link to Supplier List) shows that the Activa Lt is alive and well.  (Note: The link to the Supplier list is at the top of each page in the black ribbon.)   If you must use a DME for insurance purposes, I would suggest looking for another one that sells the product you want.   If you can pay out of pocket, several online suppliers have this mask for around $89 USD.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both masks and have encountered similar results.

I only use the Dreamwear when I am working late and want an unimpaired vision of my tablet and might fall asleep.

I was told by my DME that ResMed's Mirage Activa LT was to be discontinued. That was three years ago. If you have Medicare, you can get a complete mask and six cushions every three months.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks both, mr levine the problem with dme's is that I live in a fairly low population area, and I am 73 and on medicare.  There is not a sleep dr close, mine died in a plane wreck and it just seems like a hassle to change although I want to.  Through my experimentation with the two masks I find the Resperonics makes more noisej.  When I wake up and check the 90% pressure it is always higher.  I feel like it might scoot around on my head when I lay on my side.  So I would sure like some advise on a mask.  The dme wants to ditch to Activa Lt for whatever reason and I have come to dislke to Resperonics dreamware, it is more a nightmare.  I have it a good try for about a year.  Whoa is me.  Another thing I have come to dislike is the Dreamwear topnot on my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
srlevine that is a good quote you have. Yes, I've had about 8 or 9 years of medicare,  I've got a good supply of both of those masks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,222 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 291 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.