Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Added a new pulse oximeter importer...
RE: Added a new pulse oximeter importer...
It seems the same products are marketed under two different brand names: Viatom and Wellue.

And then each brand has a couple/few relevant products.

Do we know which models this importer will support, and which it won't (at least currently)?

I just ordered the Wellue O2Ring/Viatom Health Ring, for example.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will test with O2Ring once I get spacewrench's code built... from the comparisons we did of file format, looks like they may all use the same format.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think Wellue is the US distributor of (probably Chinese) Viatom.  Not sure, though.

I discovered a bug in the version of code I uploaded to gitlab...I must not be setting a "changed" flag somewhere, so OSCAR isn't saving the data after loading.  I don't know how to fix this; my earlier code seemed to save OK, but my most recent one doesn't.  (After you load a data file, the graphs appear, but if you quit and restart, the graphs are gone.  Any help to solve this would be appreciated!)
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 05:27 PM)spacewrench Wrote: I discovered a bug in the version of code I uploaded to gitlab...I must not be setting a "changed" flag somewhere, so OSCAR isn't saving the data after loading.  I don't know how to fix this; my earlier code seemed to save OK, but my most recent one doesn't.  (After you load a data file, the graphs appear, but if you quit and restart, the graphs are gone.  Any help to solve this would be appreciated!)

I'm starting to take a look at this now. I don't see anything obvious that you've missed, so I'll have to dig a bit deeper...
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any reason we think it's 2s per sample? All their documentation says 4s.

Strangely, their documentation also says it measures every 1s, and the reports are every 4s.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been talking to their support team about some technical issues with heart rate... and they also confirmed that they are sampling data every second, and storing to file every 4 seconds.  I have not been able to find out if they are averaging the 4 samples or throwing out any bad or outlying data... still trying to find out.  But, you are correct that the file should have an entry every 4 seconds.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just downloaded the Wellue software to a Win10 VM on my iMac.  Software installs and runs, but neither the VM Bluetooth nor the Mac Bluetooth can see the device.  I think it's because the Mac has standard Bluetooth hardware, while the Viatom device uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).  The device doesn't show up when connected by USB either; it looks like the USB connector is only for charging.

The data files produced by the Android app have records every 2 seconds.  I don't recall seeing them be all duplicates (as if it was just outputting 2 copies of the same record every 4 seconds).  My device is an older model, though, so maybe the data rate has been changed more recently?

[Edit to add photos]
[attachment=18842][attachment=18843]    
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine works fine via USB (only the one that comes with it) to PC using their software.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't get a special USB cable with mine (I bought it used off Craigslist).  A standard USB cable doesn't result in a USB connection event on any of my computers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct.  I have tried with standard cable and they do not work.  Not sure what they are doing special with the cable or software.  You can get the files from your phone also.  I believe Android is simple... but with iPhone you have to use something like iMazing to do a backup and then you can access the SQLLite DB form the backup and copy data from record into file.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 203 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 280 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,567 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 209 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 672 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 285 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 579 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.