Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adding Second Machine to Oscar?
Question 
Adding Second Machine to Oscar?
Hello!

I searched but could not find the answer.  I just purchased a travel CPAP machine for my frequent travel; tired of carrying three bags through the airport.  Can you have two machines tracked with OSCAR on the same profile or do I need to have two separate profiles? 

Trying to ask before I nuke my data.

Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adding Second Machine to Oscar?
Hi neocephas! - Welcome
I recommend creating a separate profile for each machine. Different models may report slightly different data. Keeping them separate will go a long way in preventing any data corruption.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a counterpoint, I've used a single profile for all my machines, but they're all the same manufacturer, and I've never used more than one on a given day.

I wouldn't recommend combining Resmed and PRS1 machines in the same profile at this time.

Of course, you can always do both: create individual profiles for each machine to be safe, and a combined profile with both machines to be adventurous.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both a Philips and Resmed machine in the same profile, but it's not something I'd recommend as a general rule. This is inherited from SleepyHead which tried to treat all machines the same but had some fairly serious faults in that regard. Oscar treats them individually (and the next release even more so) to weed out a lot of the bugs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 299 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 548 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 434 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Different AHI reported by Oscar and my machine Pixel Ninja 9 1,417 06-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Setup of New Machine in OSCAR Melman 1 540 10-19-2022, 05:32 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Not able to open Oscar on a Window 10 machine John70 2 624 06-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR: Couldn't Find Valid Machine Data Kyriosjon 11 1,374 05-24-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.