Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adjustable Beds
Adjustable Beds
Does anyone have any experience with the effects of adjustable beds and sleeping with your head elevated on apnea.  I have such a severe case of apnea that it's difficult to get pressure high enough and also keep the mask from leaking. Considering adjustable bed next.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adjustable Beds
I have a home version of a hospital bed with articulated air mattress for my terrible back. An incline at the head seems to help diminish Apnea a bit for me. However I don't have a therapy device right now because reasons exist. I'd probably not go overboard on the tilt though.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adjustable Beds
An inclined sleeping position often increases apnea due to gravity pulling the chin to the chest. Results vary a lot between individuals, so if you change your sleep environment or incline, data is your friend to compare the impact.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side Sleeping In Adjustable Bed and Sleep Apnea All4Heels 2 1,478 09-18-2022, 06:00 PM
Last Post: All4Heels
  Anyone tried an adjustable bed frame? Sleepy Willy 0 780 05-14-2022, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  Chair beds and futon chairs vs recliners for sleeping AlwaysTired2018 3 2,019 09-11-2019, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  High night stands for climb beds jlam 3 1,213 04-17-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: jlam
  Adjustable Beds Johnboy 2 1,517 01-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [Treatment] Adjustable Bed Wanttosleep80 10 4,815 02-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Wanttosleep80
  Is the Minimum Use Threshold on the Intellipap adjustable? LevelMarc 2 1,976 01-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Last Post: LevelMarc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.