Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Due to the growing use (and misuse) of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to create content, and because we've already had instances of people using AI technology (like ChatGPT and others) to post auto-generated content in the forums, we've found it necessary to add the statements quoted below to the Apnea Board Rules.

In the opinion of Apnea Board staff, Artificial Intelligence is not ready to be used without full disclosure. This rule will be reviewed periodically as the technology matures.

This new rule is effective immediately for all members:

Quote:Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to generate content is strictly prohibited anywhere on Apnea Board.  The only exception to this rule is when discussing AI technology in the Off Topic Forum, as long as the phrase "Artificial Intelligence" (or simply "AI") is used in the thread title.  For disclosure purposes, any AI-generated content in those thread posts must include the notice "START of AI content" immediately before the content and "END of AI content" immediately after it.

Our new rule & policy isn't perfect, and undoubtedly there will be instances where forum staff has to make judgement calls on some of this.  All I ask is that you be patient as staff deals with this new technology and the uncertainty it encompasses. 

If anyone has questions, please feel free to reply here.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Good move. People ask personal questions and have a right to expect personal comments and answers.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
As someone who was required to write technical materials for software I created in the 80s, I  learned to write from an IBM system engineer.  I adopted the bulleted/numbered format and grammar rules that are now favored by writers of listicles -- and now used by ChatGPT. 

Bugs the crap out of me that I need to modify my style to avoid looking artificial.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Having reviewed your posts, you should be good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2023, 02:18 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: As someone who was required to write technical materials for software I created in the 80s, I  learned to write from an IBM system engineer.  I adopted the bulleted/numbered format and grammar rules that are now favored by writers of listicles -- and now used by ChatGPT.

Bugs the crap out of me that I need to modify my style to avoid looking artificial.

No chance of you looking artificial.  There's only one srlevine1, and no stinkin' computer could ever match your style.   Bigwink Coffee

Correction:

1.  No chance of you looking artificial.

2.  There's only one srlevine1

3.  No stinkin' computer could ever match your style.

4.   Bigwink 

5.   Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Admin Note] Rules clarification/addition SuperSleeper 1 472 01-24-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 687 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Admin Note] Rules addition - minimum age of members SuperSleeper 8 1,904 09-16-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,587 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 500 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.