Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advantages or disadvantages of ASV machines
RE: Advantages or disadvantages of ASV machines
The secondary US market has been good but there aren't really many ASVs for sale at any one time.  

One independent medical liquidator had 2017 ASV Air curves for $900 including shipping, recently.  The least I paid for a low hour used 2013 36037 was $160 but I had to really search for that one and keep my eyes open.

I have insurance on a company subsidized 80/20 plan with the high deductible, but I can't afford to use insurance for CPAP equipment and supplies  if I can use the secondary US market.

Of course, there is no warranty in the secondary market.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ain't that the truth!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Klv329, what do you mean when you say "secondary market"? Amazon and such places?
Post Reply Post Reply
The kind of deals suggested by klv appear on Craigslist and are sometimes posted on another forum that does not moderate sales and commercial posts. I used to regularly see these deals using SearchTempest which provided results from a nationwide search of Craigslist and other sales sites. Most of the new discounted equipment are actually coming from DME suppliers and wholesalers that are operating out of the back door. They provide highly discounted prices on new or display equipment from DME stores that shut down or have "surplus inventory". These are cash and Paypal deals with no vendor support and no prescription tracking. The price differentials are an indication of just how much markup is on this equipment.

Amazon sellers are working in a similar fashion, but at least you get the A-Z purchase guarantee. Many of the sellers there can be contacted and a different class of machine like ASV might be available. They tend not to advertise them to avoid even more scrutiny for those sales of common APAP that they are making. As you know, the products completely disappear occasionally, and that is likely the result of manufacturers contacting Amazon with threats of lawsuits for these "out of channel" sales which don't comply with most sales requirements for prescription items.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2017, 07:13 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Klv329, what do you mean when you say "secondary market"?  Amazon and such places?

Yep, the seconday market would be Craigslist and other such websites, including used medical equipment sales websites.  Sometmes Amazon has cpaps, I see a few there now, even what appears to be an aircurve 10 st-a.

The cpaps are usually used, but sometimes they are brand new, as for example where a DME goes out of business and somebody buys a lot of unused equipment and tries to resell at a profit. Sometimes the sellers just want local cash deals, but usually they will ship them to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 595 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,139 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,021 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Advantages of ASV stevew77 6 739 09-30-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: stevew77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.