Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice appreciated
Advice appreciated
Not new to bi level cpap therapy...but on my way,  slowly,  to empowerment.    please advise on adjustments to make.     Thank you. Marty

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice appreciated
Welcome to Apnea Board.

I'm going to have Moderators move this to the main forum. It's going to be better to attract attention in the correct advice forum.

I think what the issue is, is going to be positional apnea. This is signified by the clusters of apnea your chart presents. Look at the wiki about the issue and the remedy suggested called soft cervical collar.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to AB.

You have an issue with tucking your chin. This is evidenced by the clusters of obstructive events. They are in all of your charts but were minimal on 1 Nov. The solution is literally an overnight one, that is to get a Soft Cervical Collar, see the link in my signature.

Also, this subforum is for software or equipment help, therapy questions should be in the main forum. Don't worry about it. I'm going to have a moderator move this thread to that forum and they will provide you a link to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, both of you. I am sleeping with two tennis balls in a sock attached to the back of my sleep shirt, which seemed to help a lot! and I was trying to sleep on my back. I will fix up a soft cervical collar. the one at my drugstore looked very wide. and thank you for moving this to the proper part of the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. The wiki mentions some collar names and designs. It seems the Releaf and Corflex tend to work well, but unfortunately it's trial and error for these collars, specifically on particular designs being right for you as an individual. Walgreens and probably other pharmacy stores may have some sort of collar for about $20 if you want something right away. Just pay attention to size, as you need it to fit so as the chin can't get behind it but it's not to be restrictively tight as in the normal collar purpose. Once you find the right one for you, I think the chart and your therapy will be drastically better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have improvised a soft cervical collar for tonight.    my velcro is missing so I will try it with safety pins.    I have read some information on positional therapy,  which motivated me to try the tennis ball in sock safety-pinned to my back.   Even one tennis  ball improved my chart.    Two tennis balls  may be helping better.                       I am learning  that sleep apnea is like other chronic things,   that the therapy works better when using a combination of treatments--AKA    when the treatment is multi-faceted.     
Thank you  for the encouragement.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2020, 08:09 PM)martyedb Wrote:  I am learning  that sleep apnea is like other chronic things,   that the therapy works better when using a combination of treatments--AKA    when the treatment is multi-faceted.     

What I have learned is that sleep apnea treatment takes a lot of work and trial and error to find what works best for you. I have had numerous ups and downs over several years and have had to work through various problems. So keep working with the collar and with luck you will find something that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you ,  for encouragement.    I just asked for help today and  already have something specific to try tonight.     And immeasurable encouragement.   Thank you, Everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck let us know how it goes even to rant and complain we may still be able to help  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Read our wiki article on Positional Apnea in the Optimizing Therapy wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea While sleeping on your back may increase the problem, we have found that the main problem is actually the chin tucking. Once you find a soft collar that works, try ditching the tennis balls and see if you really need them.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,660 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 850 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 465 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.