Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice appreciated
RE: Advice appreciated
Sounds like it's coming along, maybe not great but it'll come soon. Helpful hint and use it if/when it applies, if the data begins to be an obsession just don't look at it. You know if you feel better for therapy or not, data just measures stuff, your real feel data is better gauge on success.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I have been referring to a Kingsbridge chin strap.    Oops!     It is a Knightsbridge chin strap.      I was picturing a KING   wearing a crown and riding his horse over a bridge.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of my OA s    are longer than 60 seconds.      I continue to try to eliminate  the OA s...   usually have a cluster or two ,   and shorter periods.     So I am still working on the positional apnea challenge.     
How much should I be concerned about these long apneas?        I   haven't read anything about lengths of individual apneas.    

I would like to keep my brain cells alive, as much as I can.    

Thank you for your consideration.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again!

I woke up this morning feeling OK,   ...fair...as usual.     I checked my numbers.      AHI  5.4      it's been running lower than that.      

I've been sleeping with a nerf-type football attached to the back of my sleep-shirt   (it replaced several tennis balls),   a soft cervical collar,   a knightsbridge chinstrap,  all  in addition to my full face cpap mask.       

"AHI 5.4   !  "    

My sweet husband very calmly said,   "I'm sorry to say this,   but my opinion is that  you're still alive to gripe to me. " Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
If you're inclined to do so we can look at the OSCAR chart. Do you think the increasing AHI is purely a positional thing? I'm sure there's very little room for any more stuff on the sleeping accessory list.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clusters. AKA chin-tucking, I suppose. I will have to re-read the information on those things. Thank you for reply, Dave.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to the forum. Would appreciate any advice h1990 8 174 9 hours ago
Last Post: h1990
  [CPAP] I want to buy a bi-level or AVS machine and am in need of advice. mid range 11 219 Yesterday, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  Trouble adjusting to first CPAP - assistance appreciated bockyweez 1 67 05-08-2021, 10:19 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] New to CPAP, seeking advice after few nights breadrug 8 207 05-08-2021, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Switch Repair Advice Resmed Aircurve ASV Whitenoise 13 298 05-06-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Whitenoise
  Advice on settings heffalump 19 597 04-27-2021, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Geer1
Smile [CPAP] New user - looking for some advice please SleepyBug 3 185 04-20-2021, 09:08 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.