Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aerophagia and how to deal with it.
Aerophagia and how to deal with it.
Since my therapy has been more successful I seem to have developed an unwanted side effect. Aerophagia has resulted in quite an extension of my stomach which feels uncomfortably bloated.

Reading online, it appears some medication can be taken for this.

Does anyone suffer from this uncomfortable side effect? If so, how have you dealt with it?
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aerophagia and how to deal with it.
Same issue. My doctor says only way is to lower the pressure. I'm playing with that now by slowly working the upper limit down. We will see, I'll let you Know! 

Any other advice from experienced user would be great. Can changing from Aflex1 on a DreamStation to a Cflex setting help with maintaining AHI if presssure is lowered?

Man what a learning curve this all is to master! A big fat thanks!

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 835 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aerophagia Help - I've tried everything soozgrrl 2 101 04-15-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: soozgrrl
Gross Aerophagia Pressure Help! ToddAO 2 152 04-07-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 881 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 1,012 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,760 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 465 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.