Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Curve Humidifier Tank Removal
RE: Air Curve Humidifier Tank Removal
These containers are meant to seal on the silicone gasket between the flow generator and humidifier. A tight fit is probably a good thing unless your hands are unable to grasp the humidifier. We have some members with arthritis and even ALS that cannot do that. As the fit gets tighter, Resmed needs to be aware of the limitations of some of it's clients and accommodate with something like a loop that can be used with a lever to pull the chamber free. They read the forum, and some bright engineer just might see there is a problem and think of a solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've not taken measurements, but to me regarding my old vs new ASV, new seems like the tub cavity is slightly less in tolerance/side clearances. It doesn't appear to me to be just new tight seal rings. And this is combo of new ASV and old tub. I will look sometime tomorrow and see if the tape measure tells anything interesting. As it is right now, my old or new tub gets tighter about 1/2 way in.

Other things "new" about my newer ASV: carry case has a different blue checked carry strap & some other design changes especially the internal velcro flap, power brick has molded in 90 degree bend on machine cable, and wireless modem is on T-Mobile's signal.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My new VAuto is also on the T-Mobile network. I suspect ResMed has changed carriers. The power brick also has the molded 90-degree bend unlike the older brick on my AutoSets. The VAuto is built in Singapore while the Autosets were in Australia. Possibly the power bricks are from different sources? Or maybe ResMed changed the design.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The difference in fit is probably just a new supplier for the silicone seal, and the seal is slightly thicker. This may be just within design tolerances rather than an intentional design change. We know Resmed has had some quality problems with the pneumatic block, and I'm sure that was a supplier issue as well. I'm sure the sense that the seal is tighter is real, I just doubt it was a design change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 220 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 763 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
Exclaimation Wisdom tooth removal causes sleep apnea? esaulcatnas 0 334 12-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.