Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BlueSky1958 - Therapy Thread
RE: Acceptable Leak numbers
(04-28-2023, 12:18 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It isn't a straight leak/pressure rule in reality.  The ability to maintain pressure versus leak rate is a logarithmic slope.  This means as the therapy pressure increases, the amount of allowable leak decreases. 
- Red

With the way CPAP works. Doesn't it also mean that Higher pressure makes leaks bigger? So if you were on a low pressure you could have much more leaks but the machine would find it acceptable as the leak rate in liters is low? Because that sounds pretty terrible for the low pressure users getting tons of leaks but the machine not seeing a problem with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Air Flow Feels Way Too Much
5AM : my machine is blowing so much air into my FF mask that it was literally filling my mouth to capacity and then seeping out from sides of mask. Tried slowing my breathing thinking that might get it to stop - no good. Could not get it to stop so had to abandon therapy. Have only had this happen a few times and for short duration. Any thoughts on causes?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Flow Feels Way Too Much
Without seeing your complete night's Daily screen, it would be speculation.  Please post your Daily screen by using the F12 key or Fn+F12 for Mac.  Make sure you are in the Standard view and the graphs are in default order.   The only reason I mention this is because many don't follow this procedure, and it increases difficulty in trying to help.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OP here. We seem to have strayed a bit from initial post. So bottom line me: The goal is the get my large leak under 24 is that about right? And the way to do this is with a better fit with my mask. Trying to keep it simple.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry- wrong day. Next post will have correct day
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct one

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You need to reduce the graph number to the first 6 or 7. For me, I'm unable to read them when they are so scrunched. If you are using a 1920x1080 monitor, set the graph height in the File > Preferences > Appearance > Graph Height to 135 for 7 graphs and 154 for 6 graphs. The formula I used to arrive at those numbers are, Vertical Resolution (1080) / (# of Graphs+1).

7 Graphs = 1080 / 8 = 135
6 Graphs = 1080 / 7 = 154.2857 (154 rounded)

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
OK - revised charts attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't look like excessive pressure to me.  You may want to raise your minimum pressure to 8.  Full face masks are more prone to leaks than other mask types, and even minor leaks can be disturbing.  if you haven't done it, run the Mask Fit routine from the menu on your Airsense 11 and gently adjust the straps until you get the leaks to just stop- don't over tighten.  If the mask is uncomfortably tight at that point, you might want to try a nasal mask. It's easier to manage leaks with a nasal mask and the mask pressure likely won't run has high as the full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,403 3 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 102 Yesterday, 07:02 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,109 Yesterday, 12:24 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 238 Yesterday, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 389 Yesterday, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,392 04-18-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,909 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.