Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BlueSky1958 - Therapy Thread
RE: Air Flow Feels Way Too Much
OK, better! I would recommend that you set your minimum to 12 cm, maximum to 14, EPR of 3, and no ramp. Try it out and see if you feel better.

Also, even though you set the graph height, the graphs themselves look odd. I've never seen this before, so I don't know how to advise you. Maybe, try resetting the graphs in View > Reset Graph Heights. This will not override your value that you set in the Preferences.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie question - is there a way to turn on the machine for adjustment tweaking purposes WITHOUT recording the data anywhere so it doesn't  throw off my OSCAR data and averages and report odd results to my doctor?
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need to actually turn on the blower. That will run the recorder and hour meter. Just press any button, other than the Start button, to get the menu highlighted and ready to into the clinician menu. You can even press the Clinician button combination to get this too. If the AS11 has a touch screen, it should accept a touch to wake-up.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I' m confused...how does upping the minimum pressure prevent issues like the one I'm having? Wouldn't increasing the pressure ( to me that means MORE air flowing into mask at greater velocity - I could be wrong) promote mask leakage, or, am I misinterpreting how pressure is defined and works?
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I was referring to the earlier post to adjust the mask tightness - seems the best way is to achieve the best fit/snugness is to do that while air is flowing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitations will increase the pressure on a Resmed. If you are up into your therapy pressure, then you will be limited to only a 2 cm change. This will prevent you from feeling like it is running away.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I see you posted while I was. To adjust the mask, you need to lay in your sleeping position to do this. Wait till you go to bed tonight to preform this. If you haven't used the Mask Fit feature, it will run at your maximum set pressure, without regards any EPR you have entered.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
On your Airsense 11 screen, press "More", then "Mask Fit".  

Put on your mask and press "Start" to begin.  It'll run, but won't count towards your therapy readings.  

I had to do that with my machine, too, when I got a new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for explaining! Will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried the mask fit option before I read your guidance. Is it normal for that test to feel like its pumping your head up like a weather balloon?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 156 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,342 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.