Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Mini has Arrived.....
Air Mini has Arrived.....
Hi All,

Does anyone here have the air mini?? I travel and would love to have that versus my Airsense 10 .

If Insurance covers my Airsense 10 will it cover this small baby??

Thoughts, Comments are welcome.

Have a great night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Mini has Arrived.....
Insurance will not cover a second machine. It may cover the Mini as a primary machine when you qualify for replacement. I think most of the market for these will be people who travel and camp and have the personal financial resources to pay for a second machine. Some will choose this as a primary CPAP or APAP, but without humidification, there will be both pros and cons of the compact size.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just saw the pricing on this little puppy. Resmed REALLY likes their new creation.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does that mean the price is HIGH or low?

Duh, silly question , I know!
Post Reply Post Reply
It means it is very high. If you like something and think it's so great, you would price it high. It's one of those sayings I've heard all my life.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
It means they really "proud of it" and happy to show you.. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
My Insurance says that it would cover it as my travel machine.

My doc has sent over the RX, let's see what happens.

I will let you know the final result....
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen it running with the p10 kit. It's exceptionally loud. The air rushes into the waterless humidifier chamber near the mask and makes a horrifically loud sound. I'd be curious how that made it past QC. Awesome size though. It really is a great concept.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2017, 09:52 AM)C0mbe Wrote: I've seen it running with the p10 kit.  It's exceptionally loud.  The air rushes into the waterless humidifier chamber near the mask and makes a horrifically loud sound.  I'd be curious how that made it past QC.   Awesome size though.  It really is a great concept.

I'm gonna be interested in how they address the noise issue.  It was a killer for many with the HDM Z1 units and they had to come out with an external muffler.  Small size turbine moving big air = exceptionally high RPMs = noise.  Unless, of coursed, they have licensed the micro bellow concept from Airing.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2017, 09:52 AM)C0mbe Wrote: I've seen it running with the p10 kit.  It's exceptionally loud.  The air rushes into the waterless humidifier chamber near the mask and makes a horrifically loud sound.  I'd be curious how that made it past QC.   Awesome size though.  It really is a great concept.

when you say "I've seen it running" I presume that with somebody using it?

It is quite interesting that in all the spin and hype around its release Resmed is saying NOTHING about the noise level. (whereas with the Airsense they use the quietness as a major selling point).

Considering the Airmini is close to the cost of the Airsense 10 one would want to travel a hell of a lot to justify buying one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 674 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,268 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
Question BMC Mini M1 - Pressure Settings? SwissTruffle 0 324 12-25-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: SwissTruffle
  New to Air Mini-I need advice! tj1616 0 380 10-18-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Resmed Air Mini and Freedom Battery Compatability Kags1969 1 672 08-02-2023, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Idea Convert Airsense 11 into Air mini or vice versa? mltam 1 608 05-20-2023, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.