Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Sense 10 Bipap auto water consumption
Air Sense 10 Bipap auto water consumption
My Air Sense 10 appears to be during too much water. My pressure range per my doctor is set to 22 to 25 and it uses all the water in the reservoir in 9 hours but my throat is bone dry after 4 hours. My mask is a F20. Suggestions appreciated for proper settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Sense 10 Bipap auto water consumption
I meant to say Aircurve 10 rather than Air Sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine and live in the desert and use the airtouch f20 mask. My pressure is only a cm or two below yours. Mine leaves more than 1/2 tank in about 7 hours at level one. Are you having mask leak/high leak rate in the Oscar software ? With my mask, my leak is usually around zero. Have you checked that the elbow is functioning properly on the mask and that there are no leaks there? I will tell you when I use my dreamstation with the same mask and the dreamstation hose, I run out of water every night. The funny part is the dreamstation looks like it holds more water and I have changed all the replaceable seals on that machine. Stranger yet is both machines are set to autostart and the aircurve starts right up when I breathe out with the mask on, but the deamstation will never start with that mask on as the little elbow vales are closed when the machine not running, so I don't know how the aircurve can see the pressure start from my mouth but the dreamstation won't. That always makes me suspect some leak in the dreamstation, it also shows zero leak and I can't find a leak anywhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just installed everything new from my 6 month prescription. It could be mask leakage. I have a a narrow skinny face and it is hard to get a good seal at the pressure I am using. What is level 1? My machine has about 2000 hours on it so there could be some internal leakage. Guess I should get Oscar and go from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your description of a mask leak at the bridge of your nose makes me think your humidity issues are related. Higher flow from a leak will cause water to be expended rapidly and is not very comfortable on your eyes or conducive to sound sleep. You might want to try a full face mask of the type that covers the mouth and applies pressure to the nose with nasal pillows. These are often called hybrid full face masks like the Resmed Airfit P30.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that you use a p10, wondering if that would be better than a p30. I guess I would also need a chin strap to keep my mouth closed?
Post Reply Post Reply
In my last post I should have said F30 not P30 as the F30 is the full face version. The P10 has been around a while and is very popular. It uses a much more minimal headgear and the tube attachment is to a thinner tube from the front of the mask. It is silent with no air venting sounds anywhere. The P10 gives a reliable seal to your nose, but still is vulnerable to mouth leaks if your jaw goes slack.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 605 Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.