Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air escaping from mouth with XPAP
RE: Air escaping from mouth with XPAP
The standard neoprene chin straps wrap around the tip of the chin and push your jaw into your jaw joint.  When you tighten a neoprene chin strap, as you say you need to do, this moves your jaw in a direction which (for most people) will actually narrow the airway.  What you probably want is the [Commercial Link Removed] Search for: Knightsbridge Dual Band chin strap.  The straps of the Dual Band go under the chin, so they provide a vertical lift.  And there are two bands, an elastic one and a non-elastic one.  See their website for how the two bands work.  Very smart design.  It can be adjusted so that there is hardly any force but it keeps your jaw closed.

Other people swear by cervical collars.  My feeling is that you have to try a lot of cervical collars to find one that fits your body right.  But hey, whatever works.

Good luck!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 1 45 2 minutes ago
Last Post: ck100
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 389 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 320 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 245 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,082 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 812 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,171 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.