Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air mini compliance data for FAA
Air mini compliance data for FAA
Hello everyone. My 1st post hereSmile 

I’m a regular cpap user who’s recently purchased an Air Mini. I having trouble getting a printable version of my Air Mini sleep data for FAA compliance and for submission to my doctors. 
I’ve read everything I can get my hands on but still find myself still without a clear answer. All I want is a basic 1 year sleep report from this silly cloud system. I purchased from an online retailer who can’t help me and doesn’t accept returns. ResMed has been of no help yet. My doctor’s office says to try searching for a sleep service provider who will allow me to pay for my data.
I don’t need detailed information, such as Oscar, just a simple sleep report equivalent to what the airsense 10 offers would be excellent.. 
Many thanks to anyone who can help me get past this hurdle!!!

Jimbeau
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air mini compliance data for FAA
(11-23-2022, 07:18 AM)Jimbeau Wrote: My doctor’s office says to try searching for a sleep service provider who will allow me to pay for my data.
Jimbeau

I think your doctors advice may be your only option. DME's/service providers have access to ResMed's AirView. The AirMini App would have to be paired to a Smart Device
in order for them to download a report. Call around and see if you could find a willing DME that would do it for a reasonable fee.

The issue would be finding a willing provider, especially if you didn't purchase the AirMini from them.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was afraid that’d be my only choice. Unbelievable Resmed has done this! Seriously wish I had the purchase to do over again! Lot of lessons learned. First of all don’t purchase from the only online retailer that don’t accept returnsSmile

If anyone else has suggestions to obtain my data PLEASE advise.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I did look for other ways to get access to the data, but I couldn't find anything.  I bought my AirMini from Supplier 30, and they're very good about running a report for you while you're on the phone. Only once did we have a problem as they couldn't get access to the Resmed system (supplier said it was down).  Slightly annoying that I had to call, but not too bad.

Really, your DME should be able to do that.  It may even be a contractual thing to distribute Resmed products.  Even if they don't have a direct purchasing agreement with Resmed, it seems as though Resmed suppliers STILL need to adhere to Resmed distribution requirements.  Have you asked Resmed for advice??

Anyway, I did note that Supplier 29 has a service where they report the results of the AirMini.  Not clear if it's for any old AirMini or just for one they sell, but perhaps you can try them??  It's $49 per year, which is a rip-off if it's for machines THEY sell, but not bad if it's for ANY machine regardless of where it was sold.

Alternatively, ANY clinician (e.g. doctor, sleep lab, DME, nurse, etc...) can access the records, so I wonder why the Doctor didn't help out??  Maybe if they don't access the ResMed system, I can understand.  I can also understand that they probably don't want someone calling up every time they want a report.  BUT for FAA compliance???  I mean, you've got a good justification! :-)

Good luck!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent info! Yes I’ve reached out to ResMed but having trouble getting them to return my call. Probably due to the holiday. You’re correct, my sleep doc doesn’t have ResMed software. Nor does my Aviation medical examiner. I’m going to reach out to some of the local cpap providers to see if they’ll be willing to retrieve my data obviously for a fee. 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Jimbeau,
Let us know if you find a willing DME. This would be beneficial to other AirMini owners.
Good Luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Problem solved.  DME link removed.  Supplier #1 is where I purchased the machine. Unlike many of the online retailers they absolutely do not get involved with data services. Luckily my sleep doc referred me to a DME in his building. I brought the Mini into the office. They ran the machine’s data and found that it was never registered by cpap.com, which is a good thing. All they had to do was register me as the machine’s user and now I have an account that’s managed by this DME provider. They were then able to pull my data without any problems. This DME doesn’t charge to give a printout. I’m surprised and pleased!

For the pilots:
-Anyone purchasing an Air Mini be advised. To retrieve your history for the FAA you will indeed have to go through a medical facility who also has access to ResMed’s software. They will need to register the machine, input your personal data, and become your designated medical official. Not a big deal if you know the process.

-Where to purchase. If you want a good price purchase online. A number of the discount retailers will also register the unit in house and offer data printouts or PDF emails for the FAA. I strongly recommend going through one of the many online retailers who also offers a free trial and refund policy.  DME link removed.  
Supplier #1 has excellent customer service and a great provider, but they do not offer any trial or refund policy on machines.

Many thanks for the advice here and happy turkey daySmile

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 288 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma) dannahaz 8 573 02-15-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dannahaz
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Change Compliance Hours krford1961 2 634 01-11-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: krford1961
  90 Day Compliance Reports for CDL DOT Physical Zalagar 5 2,338 04-29-2022, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Fwalter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.