Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve™ 10 VAuto bipap machine
AirCurve™ 10 VAuto bipap machine
I recently was switched to the AirCurve™ 10 VAuto bipap machine. The following are the settings and the current results:

Mode VAUTO
Max IPAP 25.0
Min EPAP 4.0
PS 7.0
Ti Max 4.0s
Ti Min 0.1s
Trigger High
Cycle High

Used Hrs  152.7
Pressure 21.4
Exp. Pressure 15.2
Leak 5L/min
Vt 620 ml
RR 12
MV 7.5L/min
Ti 1.7s
I:E 1:2.1
Spont Cyc 73.5%
AHI 5.8
Total AI 4.1
Central AI O.2

I feel somewhat more refreshed in the mornings with less daytime sleepiness. However, I still get sleepy about 4 hours after being up. 

Can someone explain these numbers to me? I would appreciate some input as to how I can tweak the settings. I should mention that the respiratory rep erroneously set the PS to 4. I had to adjust it for better comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto bipap machine
Your PS setting at 7.0 is unusually high unless you are treating COPD or other respiratory restriction. It would be much more helpful if you would download and install #Sleepyhead software. It's free and offers much more detail.

My suspicion is that your EPAP min is far too low, and that you should change trigger and cycle sensitivity to medium unless you know of a reason not to use the default. Your Ti min should be at least 0.3, and your TI max should be in the 2.0 to 2.2 range for your tidal volume, again unless you are treating COPD. There is simply not enough information to advise you on settings, especially given the unusual settings you are using. It appears your pressure rises to 21.4/15.4 but we don't know if that is average, max or something else, it's pretty clear your minimum is wrong. I'm sure we can help, but you need to provide the necessary information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
Thanks. I have followed your advice on the settings as well as getting a sd card reader and installing the software. What files should I upload for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Sleeprider and will throw in that the default setting for Ti min is .3. Also you want to download the clinic manual for the VAUTO in the member's private file section. The manual explains the settings.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Daily charts will be most helpful initially. See the link below for how to organize and post your data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 132 5 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 41 6 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,431 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 111 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,001 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 163 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 700 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.