Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 VAUTO vs MY Machine
RE: AirCurve 10 VAUTO vs MY Machine
(02-02-2020, 10:23 AM)3rdMarDiv Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 11:27 AM)Sleepride Wrote: My original intention was to evaluate a wider range of possibilities and narrow in on what works best.

Changed to 19/10

A maximum pressure of 20 would not likely make any material change in what you experienced at 18/12.

At 19/10 we will find that out for certain.

Looks like a successful night on the Vauto. your chart on the other hand is less useful without showing pressure. We want to see Events, Flow, Pressure or Mask Pressure, Flow Limits and Leaks.

Continued:

Cont.
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2020, 10:27 AM)3rdMarDiv Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 10:23 AM)3rdMarDiv Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 11:27 AM)Sleepride Wrote: My original intention was to evaluate a wider range of possibilities and narrow in on what works best.

Changed to 19/10

A maximum pressure of 20 would not likely make any material change in what you experienced at 18/12.

At 19/10 we will find that out for certain.

Looks like a successful night on the Vauto. your chart on the other hand is less useful without showing pressure. We want to see Events, Flow, Pressure or Mask Pressure, Flow Limits and Leaks.

Continued:

Post Reply Post Reply
3rdMarDiv, re-read the link in my signature on organizing your OSCAR charts. You could show this information in a much more cohesive way with a single chart rather than individual pieces.

Rather than quoting me, your interpretation of how you feel the therapy is going is much more useful. To me this looks good, and the amount of pressure change seems appropriate and comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2020, 11:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: 3rdMarDiv, re-read the link in my signature on organizing your OSCAR charts.  You could show this information in a much more cohesive way with a single chart rather than individual pieces.  

Rather than quoting me, your interpretation of how you feel the therapy is going is much more useful. To me this looks good, and the amount of pressure change seems appropriate and comfortable.

Very familiar with organizing my charts and keep my front page in that format. Unfortunately my max screen resolution is 1366 X 768 and doesn't allow me to create the report page properly. Unless you have another recommendation or a work around I'm limited to the information I can fit into a report F-12 screenshot.

In retrospect I suppose I could have fit it into 2, F-12 screenshots, which, I will try the next time a report is requested.

As to my interpretation of therapy using the Aircurve goes, I'm certain that I will be moving into it and away from the Dreamstation. Just how to go about doing that is something I have to work out.

I'm just breaking 2 years with my machine and I don't know if there is any duration of time I'm expected to use it before I can "trade in".

I absolutely can tell that the Aircurve is far more comfortable and conducive to a good nigh sleep. I believe it would be better for my long term health. I'm going to make my best effort to make a change.  I will likely be asking for some guidance with regard to my next moves.

This Aircurve is a big trade up as far as I'm concerned. It's like you referred to it, "A real treat". LOL

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I think a backup is a great idea. I'm sure you passed compliance before your first year was up. The way to continue to document your use of therapy and its benefit is to get it into your medical record by discussing it with your doctor. You can even take him use reports and compare your therapy on bilevel with the Dreamstation. You gotta sell it to get the higher level of prescription next time. That's the position I was in, and when it was time for a replacement, it was the Vauto. I was just using a PRS1 760 bipap auto. The fact you were willing to go out-of-pocket for the bilevel shows motivation. Efficacy is your AHI and "feel" for the machine. Combined, you can't be non-compliant for using bilevel instead of the CPAP. Let them know at your next regularly scheduled appointment, and make a presentation out of it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2020, 10:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think a backup is a great idea. I'm sure you passed compliance before your first year was up. The way to continue to document your use of therapy and its benefit is to get it into your medical record by discussing it with your doctor. You can even take him use reports and compare your therapy on bilevel with the Dreamstation. You gotta sell it to get the higher level of prescription next time.  That's the position I was in, and when it was time for a replacement, it was the Vauto.  I was just using a PRS1 760 bipap auto.  The fact you were willing to go out-of-pocket for the bilevel shows motivation. Efficacy is your AHI and "feel" for the machine. Combined, you can't be non-compliant for using bilevel instead of the CPAP.  Let them know at your next regularly scheduled appointment, and make a presentation out of it.

100% in full agreement with everything you said...

However, there is a big bump in the road I travel and I don't feel comfortable discussing it in a public forum.

Unless you have an objection I will send you a short PM later that would be more concise about the bump.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
That will be fine. I'll try to help or commiserate if no solution exists.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,503 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.