Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv
AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv
I have been using the Resmed AirCurve 10 ASV for about 7 years and am due for a new machine. I live in Mexico and plan on having a sleep study the next time I am in the U.S. I was originally planning on getting the 'latest and greatest' (AirCurve 11), but I am reading in other strands that it may be the latest but not so greatest. 

Other than size, looks, unproven and possible noisy moters, what are the other differences. Are the algorithms the same for both machines? 

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each machine and which would you recommend?

Also, do you know if home sleep studies are acceptable for asv renewals and if medicare covers them? I have a U.S. address that the home test can be sent to and returned from.

Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv
I would replace with another 10 series. Some 11 series machines, not specifically ASV, have had a few issues.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AirCurve 10 is probably a better choice. The problem with the AS 11 and AC 11 series is the hose attachment to the back of the 11. It tends to leak according to Nicko.

I'm so glad I have an AirCurve 10 ASV. Definitly!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought...

Since ASV machines are not routinely prescribed and are reserved for more complex situations, I would consider having an in-lab sleep study rather than a home one. Just saying.

Also, from your profile, did you upgrade your software by replacing Sleephead with OSCAR?

Best, Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 47 1,402 08-27-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 15 468 08-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  carnuntum - Switching from Prisma APAP to Aircurve bi-level therapy carnuntum 8 1,393 08-16-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: carnuntum
Gross Airsense 11 to Aircurve 10 vauto taxprof1122 7 491 08-12-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: taxprof1122
  [Pressure] Resmed Aircurve 10s - pressure and leaks ManGoLine 0 155 08-12-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: ManGoLine
  Smart Start ResMed AirCurve 10 ST Homerec130 3 1,015 08-12-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: r0nwilliams
Sad Aircurve 10 VAUTO Not pushing Air! DFWdude 42 1,518 08-10-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.