Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 Wind noise upon exhale
AirFit P10 Wind noise upon exhale
Recently switched DME's.  They did a scan of my face and recommended a nasal pillow mask.  I had tried a P30i in the past and it hurt my nose.  I was reluctant to give the P10 a try but with a different set up v the P30i I said what the heck.  I tried the M and L cushion on a fit test with my machine.  The L leaked too much if I didn't get it just right so I went with the M.  The mask is whisper quiet.  I can hear myself on the inhale but for most of the night las night I dealt with a loud wind tunnel sound upon exhale. Something I didn't get with the P30i.   I tried to adjust the mask, consciously  exhale in a softer manner but didn't have any luck. I was hoping for a perfect night and now this.  Especially, since my nose didn't hurt this morning.  Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10 Wind noise upon exhale
Be sure the nasal pillow itself is snapped in on both sides. I had that happen once in my 8+ yrs of using the P10.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2023, 08:51 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Be sure the nasal pillow itself is snapped in on both sides.  I had that happen once in my 8+ yrs of using the P10.

I was sure it was snapped tight. I tried the mask fit setting with the large. If I get that cushion just right it is very quiet. I must be between a medium and a large. I’m going to try the large tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
During the mask fit, wiggle the nasal pillow a little and/or pull it slightly away from your nose and let it settle back. It should seal nicely.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2023, 11:15 AM)OpalRose Wrote: During the mask fit, wiggle the nasal pillow a little and/or pull it slightly away from your nose and let it settle back.  It should seal nicely.

If I do that with the large I get nothing but leaks.  With the medium it seals great.  From a seal perspective the medium is the way to go.  I just hate that wind tunnel (not quite a whistle sound) at the end of my exhale.  I wish this was working because this mask is extremely comfortable.  
The best mask that I ever used was the AirTouch N20 but I ended up with markings not he bridge of my nose.  
I can't seem to get a mask that works completely for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,979 2 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,256 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.