Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 fitting
AirFit P10 fitting
I use a full face mask but am thinking of trying the P10. It's had so many great reviews it's hard to ignore. I'm a mouth breather but I'm willing to try to overcome that.

What I can't seem to find any information on is how the right size is determined. I've done several internet searches to no avail. I suspect someone may be able to supply a link. My DME is not much help when it comes to mask sizing.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
(03-20-2017, 11:53 AM)Melman Wrote: I use a full face mask but am thinking of trying the P10. It's had so many great reviews it's hard to ignore. I'm a mouth breather but I'm willing to try to overcome that.

What I can't seem to find any information on is how the right size is determined. I've done several internet searches to no avail. I suspect someone may be able to supply a link. My DME is not much help when it comes to mask sizing.

Your DME should be able to supply a single ResMed package, AirFit P10 Mask System - Amer, catalog number 62900, which contains one frame, one headgear, and three pillows of different sizes (small, medium and large), which will allow you to decide for yourself by trying all three sizes of pillows.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2017, 11:53 AM)Melman Wrote: I use a full face mask but am thinking of trying the P10. It's had so many great reviews it's hard to ignore. I'm a mouth breather but I'm willing to try to overcome that.

Melman,
I don't think there is a fit guide for the P10 pillows, which may be why the mask comes with 3 size pillows, and I know some DME's will break up that mask and remove some of the pillows. If you buy online, you will most definetly get all 3 size pillows.

My first P10 was through the DME. She pulled out the x-small size and "shoved" it in my nostrils and exclaimed "perfect." Well, it turned out that it was not so perfect. I switched to size small and eventually settled for the medium, which is perfect for me.

The pillow should not fit into the nostril very far, just the tip. It should actually float just under the nose.
Once the air is on, it seals nicely.

I have purchased the "for her" and "for him" P10. The straps are approximately 1" longer with the
"for him" mask than the "for her" mask.

Keep in mind that the P20 will soon be available, if it isn't already, if one perfers adjustable headgear.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I was long a "mouth breather" and when starting CPAP was TOTALLY CONVINCED that I would need some sort of oral or oral-nasal mask.

Fortunately I tried a P10 and discovered to my amazement and delight that this mask (any nasal mask probably) will HOLD OPEN my nasal passages much as it does the throat etc to prevent apnea.

With minimal effort (some occasional lavage or nasal spray) I have no difficulty breathing through my nose with it.

Turns out I have much, much less congestion and much more seldom have a problem with sinus drip or need for nasal decongestion.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2017, 12:37 PM)herbm Wrote:

I was long a "mouth breather" and when starting CPAP was TOTALLY CONVINCED that I would need some sort of oral or oral-nasal mask.

I started out with a nasal mask 10 years ago but just blew all the pressure out my mouth. Did you have the same problem, and if so, how did you overcome it? I'm a little dubious about preventing it with a chin strap. I have read about the tongue trick and can see how it would work but don't understand what keeps the tongue in that position for the full night. It just doesn't seem possible to me. Taping lips just seems too bizarre. So.......... Dont-know

On the other hand, I have plenty of good masks, so in a month or two when I'm eligible for a new mask under my insurance with a copay of $24, it would be a fairly cheap experiment.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I actually must purposely route air from nose to my mouth if I wish it to escape directly.  It was very quick to learn to seal it off.

I can yawn without letting air from the machine out.

Since I refuse to tolerate leaks, I generally MUST allow air out my mouth directly to PROVE the machine is delivering air (you can't feel "Pressure" only a "pressure differntial.")
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2017, 11:28 PM)herbm Wrote: I actually must purposely route air from nose to my mouth if I wish it to escape directly.  It was very quick to learn to seal it off.

I can yawn without letting air from the machine out.

Since I refuse to tolerate leaks, I generally MUST allow air out my mouth directly to PROVE the machine is delivering air (you can't feel "Pressure" only a "pressure differntial.")

I do the same....I "verify" all is well by letting air escape my mouth then shut it off and go to sleep.  Thankfully I have no problem with mouth breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10 fitting
I'm sure you've seen talk here about using a soft cervical collar. It has helped me a lot. I also use the P10 and OpalRose is correct about using a size larger than you would think you'd need.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,225 14 minutes ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,292 4 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 986 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.