Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P30i Cushion Replacement
AirFit P30i Cushion Replacement
Hello - The instruction manual does not include the frequency schedule on replacing the cushion. It just states that service life is dependent on intensity of usage, maintenance, and environmental conditions. 

Do you have a recommended replacement schedule? I was thinking once very two months.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P30i Cushion Replacement
The recommendation for most silicone cushions is monthly but they are usually good for much longer. I've been using the same cushion on my airfit F20v for 27 months. It's discolored from exposure to skin oils but seals as well as when new. I suggest you get a backup but use the original until it gives you problems. Of course, it should be cleaned regularly. I use mild dish washing detergent to wash it thoroughly every week or so and wipe it daily with pampers additive free baby wipes to remove skin oils. The suggested replacement schedules are probably to minimize liability and maximize profits.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
27 months is bragable
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on the same dreamwear nasal pillows from the month they were released, dunno when that was maybe like year and a half-ish to 2 years. And people say gel deteriorates fast.

My bedroom is a sanctum sanctorum though. No daylight. Soundproof. IQAir GC Multigas pumping air from the outside and an IQAir Cleanroom H13 making sure no uninvited mold guests occupy my breathing equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DreamWear gel pillows last about six months until I give up on the minor annonying leaks and install new pillows.
Could make them last longer by tightening the straps even more but not worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance allows me to get two new pillows a month which is more than I need
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 3,014 4 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,042 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,559 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,820 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.