Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirMini pressure too high for comfort
AirMini pressure too high for comfort
Hi, new user here (as in first posting).

I have for several years used a ResMed S9 Autoset, which works perfectly for me, and which I'm very happy with. The only negative thing about it is the size of the machine plus power supply when I'm out travelling. Therefore, I bought an AirMini to use for travelling. The problem now is that the AirMini starts out with a very high pressure as compared to the S9, and increases it to a point that I find very uncomfortable, and thus find it difficult to use. I have tried sleeping with it to get used to it, but it wakes me up repeatedly with the feeling of having a high pressure hose blowing down my nose (the S9 does not do this). Thus, every time I've tried the AirMini, I have to switch back to the S9 to be able to sleep. The S9 works so good I did hardly need any time at all to get used to it. The AirMini, on the other hand, is quite a challenge. So now my question is: Is there a way to reduce the pressure from the AirMini to make it behave more like my S9 is set up? I couldn't find any such settings in the app, so now I'm worried that I've bought an expensive machine that I essentially cannot use.

Note: The AirMini does this both with the original hose and with my 22 mm hose + 3D-printed adapter. I use the adapter found in the thread named "Thread-Solution-for-the-AirMini-Travel-Noise (forum software does not allow me to post links yet). My main reason for doing this is to eliminate the HumidX adapter, which is super noisy, Darth Vader style. Besides, I don't use a humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirMini pressure too high for comfort
in the airmini app, press the bluetooth logo, then press the ResMed and AirMini logo at the same time. 

Then set the pressure ranges the same as your S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
So that you'll be more familiar with your AirMini, order a Clinicians Manual.

Scroll down to Section Three and look for ResMed AirMini AutoSet

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2023, 10:20 AM)Dog Slobber Wrote: in the airmini app, press the bluetooth logo, then press the ResMed and AirMini logo at the same time. 

Then set the pressure ranges the same as your S9.

Thank you for the instructions. That helped a lot! Now the machine is actually usable. like 

There is one more thing with the AirMini: When I inhale, the vent holes in the elbow joint connecting to the N20 mask make a loud hissing noise of flowing air. It is almost as bad as the Darth Vader sound from the HumidX adapter. When I use the exact same mask with the exact same hose on my ResMed S9, there is no noise. So the culprit is clearly the AirMini, that  does something that causes this noise. Any idea what causes this? Do you know if it is possible to tweak the settings of the AirMini to eliminate or reduce this noise?

(04-22-2023, 10:25 AM)OpalRose Wrote: So that you'll be more familiar with your AirMini, order a Clinicians Manual.

Scroll down to Section Three and look for ResMed AirMini AutoSet

Ohh! That would be nice to have! I have hereby sent an email with an order
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 284 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 108 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 180 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,193 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 173 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,621 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.