Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirMini software & SD card questions
Question 
AirMini software & SD card questions
We just got the Clinician Setup manual for the ResMed AirMini AutoSet machine... does anyone know if either ResScan or SleepyHead will work with these AirMini machines?  Is there an SD card slot for the machine?

Any info about how much or what kind of data are stored or retrievable would be appreciated.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirMini software & SD card questions
There is no SD card for the AirMini. MyAir is all you can get. Right now that is one of its biggest limitations.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sonic.... is there any way to get data off the machine at all?  Any idea whether it records data at all, or what kind of data?
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
No way that I'm currently aware of. Not sure if it even records "detailed" data of the type SH allows us to see. The data it does record is what you can see on MyAir.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thanks for the info!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using an AirMini for some 4 months and have serious worries about the software:

1.   It is a travel machine but overseas did not adjust to local time and I could not change it;  it stayed on Australian time in Europe (although local time was set on my phone) so all results were 1/2 one night and 1/2 the next.  Strange for a "travel" machine!
2    Software determined values  appear to fluctuate wildly for no obvious reason - a week ago it gave a myAir score of 79/100 with the comment "That's a great score"!  However, this included 20/20 for good mask seal, 54/70 for only 5.26 usage hours and 0/5 for 21.5 events per hour.  Another night was 85/100 "Excellent score".  However, it included 0/5 for 26.7 events/hour!  Many similar readings.   I think the software loading is very wrong - events per hour should be much more important?
3     Last night I experimented and read for 2 hours in bed with the machine on and then turned it off.  The awake values indicated good mask seal (18/20) and 6.9 events per hour while awake?  Seems unlikely.
The problem is that there is no way of investigating due to incompatibility with other programs and it, probably, does not collect the data;  one can only get the myAir score.  I have not purchased another (non travel) machine but ResMed claims the software is based on the larger model(s) which can be checked through SleepyHead etc.  I did use the AirSense 10 for 3 months before getting the AirMini and was able to "investigate" or consider any unexpected results.

I would have returned the AirMini after the first night as it has much more air noise due to the humidifier.  However, I was going o/s and the month's trial expired when away.  I have now got used to the noise but do now sleep in a separate room so it effects no-one else!  As a doctor I am seduced by the scientific idea (initial diagnostic events were 85/hour and now down to somewhere between 2.7 and the above).  However, I do not feel any better or less tired during the day so am not sure why I continue to use it.  However......

I would like to hear from people who believe that their lives have improved with treatment.  Many of my friends - like me - remain somewhat sceptical. Do other users think that the myAir software is unusual - particularly for such an expensive machine?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 846 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 147 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 581 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,080 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,280 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,185 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 750 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.