Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Auto with ClimateLineAir hose
AirSense 10 Auto with ClimateLineAir hose
I got the AirSense 10 Auto back in August 2022 to replace my plain Jane AirSense 10 (no 11s available).  I had just installed new filter, water tub and slimline hose.  The new machine came with the ClimateLineAir hose which I changed to four days ago.  The ClimateLineAir setting is Auto.

I noticed my water usage went from around 25% of the tub used to over 66% used.  

Is this normal with zero setting changes other than the new heated hose being used?

Thanks All!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Auto with ClimateLineAir hose
Did you have the humidifier heater turned on before?

You can still set the climate control to manual and adjust the humidifier from off and up. Hose can also be turned to different settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the humidifier has been on since I got the AirSense 10 Auto. With the heated hose it uses significant amount more as I said above.  I just can’t believe that hose uses more than the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were using a standard hose and can understand it. With a slimline hose not really unless the humidity heater was sett much higher. Not sure if there would be a big difference in evaporation of moisture in a very high temp heated hose to make a major difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using climate control on full auto (both heated tube and humidity on auto) your xpap will maintain the tube temp at 80F and put out 85% humidity to the mask. And it can go through a lot of water based on your rooms ambient temp and humdity.

A second option is more semi-automatic. Set the tube temp to a specific temp and leave humidity on auto. That might reduce your water comsumption some. But it still tries to keep humidity at 85%.

Third option is manual, set the tube temp manually and the humidity manually. Humidity defaults to 4 but can be changed. No garantee to prevent rainout though.

My tube temp is 71F and humidity manuall set to 3. I use slightly more than half a tank per night. YMMV...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.