Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning scale off of humidifier chamber
Cleaning scale off of humidifier chamber
I recently got a machine and the chamber has some dry calcium scale on it from using tap water. It is from a dreamstation go which have pretty pricey chambers. The Chamber plastic is soft, what can I clean it with that won't scratch the plastic? 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning scale off of humidifier chamber
Put in some vinegar and let set for 30 minutes. Rinse well everything is like new.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Get some Lime-A-Way and spray it in there. It will totally remove the deposits. Just rinse well. I use it on my wife's chamber because she runs it dry all the time. I have used vinegar, but it needs more time and brushing to work. The Lime A Way gets in all the crevices.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use White Vinegar in my water reservoir from time to time. It does a great job and no scrubbing is required. It also rinses away very easily and does not leave any aroma or scent behind.
Post Reply Post Reply
I dug deep down in the forum and found out one guy cleaned it with Coca-Cola. I left the Coke in there for 30 minutes and all the scale came out! Now I don’t have to worry about the vinegar smell :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
That's odd......you mentioning a vinegar smell. That's one thing that impressed me about using it. It didn't leave a lingering odor.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
It's going to depend on how sensitive your sense of smell is as well as how well it was rinsed and aired out.

I rinse with a drop of dish detergent after the vinegar.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
More-times-than-not, I pour in some Vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes. Pour it back out, rinse with cold water, and then wipe it dry. Done!

But, sense of smell can and will play an important part. My wife can smell and hear things way before I do, if I do at all.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,795 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 447 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.