Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade?
ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade?
Hi guys,
Not sure if this is the right location in the forum to ask the question but I'll give it a try.

My Resmed S9 autoset started showing Motor life exceeded message. Still works but I think it is time to buy a new machine before it is too late.
I want to get Airsense 11 Autoset but in most of the shops in EU it does not come with English menu. If it does it costs 30% more and I want to avoid paying 300 euros more.
Do you think it will be possible to upgrade languages later on?  What do you suggest besides learning other menu languages?

tx

Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade?
Welcome Tom,

What about ordering one from the suppliers list that located at the top of the page.  You would first need to contact them and ask if there willing to ship.  It would be in English and cheaper than you buying one over there.

Or…….if you handy you can buy an identical motor from Aliexpress for a little over $100 for your old unit and make it like new again.    Myself and others on this board just did this.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-S9-Blower-Motor
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest considering the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset instead of the series 11. It is actually built with a more stout motor, the same as your S9, and is a compact, strong form-factor that works better for some. In addition, you might want to buy a new motor on a site like Alibaba that sells them for about $100. See this thread for more http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-S9-Blower-Motor
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Must be EU otherwise customs will hit me with 25% on top + I might be needed to make a certification if the one is still not available in my home country.
I will check s10 as an option I think.

Thanks for the info
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2023, 06:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I would suggest considering the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset instead of the series 11. It is actually built with a more stout motor, the same as your S9, and is a compact, strong form-factor that works better for some. In addition, you might want to buy a new motor on a site like Alibaba that sells them for about $100.  

Thanks for your suggestion. So you are saying that S10 is better in terms of built quality and more compact for travelling? I dont need a humidifier though.
I believe with 11 is only cosmetic upgrade with fancy software/touchscreen? Am I right?
Post Reply Post Reply
The S11 uses a downsized blower same as Air Mini. I'm currently over 22,000 hours on my 10 Series Vauto. Can't beat the dependability, and no complaints about the form-factor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2023, 09:50 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The S11 uses a downsized blower same as Air Mini. I'm currently over 22,000 hours on my 10 Series Vauto. Can't beat the dependability, and no complaints about the form-factor.

Thats brilliant! You saved me money. Definitely ordering s10 today.
Much appreciate this.

BR

Tom
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 28 513 12 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,868 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,646 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.